80 Series window gaskets? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have searched around I'm not sure if these are still available from Toyota or if there are aftermarket options but I'm really having a hard time trying to find gaskets for my windows. Here is a picture of what I mean. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

IMG_6204.jpeg

Are new folks on MUD just lazy? Do you not know how to search for parts or make calls to dealerships or use a search engine for the things you need?
This topic has come up several times over the last several month on this forum and I have posted this image several times!

Okay, this is my cold, early, snowing morning rant before having enough coffee! Maybe I should vent on Chat and not here?

IMG_0641.jpeg

Are new folks on MUD just lazy? Do you not know how to search for parts or make calls to dealerships or use a search engine for the things you need?
This topic has come up several times over the last several month on this forum and I have posted this image several times!

Okay, this is my cold, early, snowing morning rant before having enough coffee! Maybe I should vent on Chat and not here?

View attachment 3506697
Like I said I did search, I'm new here but I'm not new to forums. I guess the term "door run" would have netted better result if I knew to use that phrase opposed to "gaskets" and "seals" 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes, as others have said, call your dealer. I ordered mine through them and replaced all of mine.

I'd agree that Toyota does use some lingo for parts that definitely wouldn't be the first that would come to mind. As pointed out above, check out Partsouq as you can pretty much just put your VIN in and get exploded views of literally every component on your cruiser. They're numbered and have the proper Toyota names for every part which is nice. They're also very reasonably priced for a lot of hard to find bits, even with shipping from overseas, or you can use the proper part number for additional searching...

Might also be worth picking up the FSM as it'll have a lot of this info too along with the actual repair procedures... just with a little page turning which I actually still enjoy... ;)

I'd agree that Toyota does use some lingo for parts that definitely wouldn't be the first that would come to mind. As pointed out above, check out Partsouq as you can pretty much just put your VIN in and get exploded views of literally every component on your cruiser. They're numbered and have the proper Toyota names for every part which is nice. They're also very reasonably priced for a lot of hard to find bits, even with shipping from overseas, or you can use the proper part number for additional searching...

Might also be worth picking up the FSM as it'll have a lot of this info too along with the actual repair procedures... just with a little page turning which I actually still enjoy... ;)
I appreciate your post, definitely have found lots of parts I've been searching for off Partsouq since I found out about it.

FSM is on the Christmas list

I appreciate your post, definitely have found lots of parts I've been searching for off Partsouq since I found out about it.

FSM is on the Christmas list
No problem at all...Amayama.com is another good site in Japan. :steer: ;)

To be fair, everytime I Google how to fix something - Google prioritizes the threads that simply say "search it's been asked before" with no actual how-to :cry: or the images are broken. 80% of my time is reading replies like this.

For SEO & future-proofing, here are the part numbers (as above is in an image):

Toyota FZJ80 / FJ80 window gasket part numbers:

Front Door Glass Gasket/Run - Left (1991-1997 Toyota Land Cruiser)
68151-60010
Front Door Glass Gasket/Run - Right (1991-1997 Toyota Land Cruiser)
68141-60010
Rear Door Glass Gasket/Run - Left (1991-1997 Toyota Land Cruiser)
68152-60011
Rear Door Glass Gasket/Run - Right (1991-1997 Toyota Land Cruiser)
68142-60011

The “what’s the p/n for ???, where can I get parts?” Gets asked way too much.

So looking at the sticky section I see no “part sources”.

Maybe add “part sources” to the FAQ?

Yes there are plenty of sources, but there is often several that keeps getting mentioned.

🤷‍♂️

The “what’s the p/n for ???, where can I get parts?” Gets asked way too much.

So looking at the sticky section I see no “part sources”.

Maybe add “part sources” to the FAQ?

Yes there are plenty of sources, but there is often several that keeps getting mentioned.

🤷‍♂️

Probably wouldnt change much, I think it comes from people just posting a question and then coming back a couple hors later for the answer without actually putting any effort into it.

Instead of telling them to call the dealer we will simply tell them to look at the FAQ or Sticky but same idea.

I think it's maybe laziness or a lack of respect for others time, idk.

To be fair, everytime I Google how to fix something - Google prioritizes the threads that simply say "search it's been asked before" with no actual how-to :cry: or the images are broken.

This. ^^^^^
Nothing worse then having to search through "Its already been asked" a dozen times. What's worse is when you find the info, its outdated with broken links. I was told a couple weeks ago here, that McGeorge changed owners and their prices changed. Too bad if someone search's you'll find tons of people telling others to shop there. Again, outdated info.
If someone doesn't want to help, they shouldn't post. Being insulted because someone asked a question in a technical forum, is just sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom