80 Series Part 2: Electric Boogaloo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let me know what parts are acting up. If I have it, it’s yours. For a beer of course.

Made the final decision on gearing and going with 4.88 nitro. If anyone is looking for a brand new set of 5.29s, PM me:

I have been a member of this God-forsaken website for 7 years this Saturday

1631064852911.gif

Made the final decision on gearing and going with 4.88 nitro. If anyone is looking for a brand new set of 5.29s, PM me:

Can you share what you bought exactly? Been trying to understand what I need to regear to that 4.88 ratio as well. Thanx

Can you share what you bought exactly? Been trying to understand what I need to regear to that 4.88 ratio as well. Thanx
My truck is actually at OTRAMM right now having this work done. All parts were purchased through them, which is what I would recommend if you are planning to outsource this job.

In addition to a Harrop rear locker, the team is installing the Nitro kit: 1991-1997 Toyota Land Cruiser without E-Locker Nitro Gear Package | Nitro Gear & Axle - https://nitro-gear.com/1991-1997-toyota-land-cruiser-without-e-locker-nitro-gear-package-gpfj80-xxx-1-1-1.html

I’ve been running nitro gears for several years and they work fine and don’t make a lot of noise. I can hear some noise when floating the throttle with now real accel or decel happening. I biggie. Last fall my frog R&P let loose no fault of Nitro but I’m gong back in with Sierra gears. Had them before in a couple other rigs. I tried to buy more from Nitro but they don’t answer the phone or reply to emails so……

Picked up my truck from @OTRAMM yesterday. Happy to have it back and the work is top notch as always, feels tighter, more put together and just all around a lot nicer to drive with the 4.88s in it. Ryan and team took care of a laundry list of other items as well that I am more than happy are out of the way. Super fortunate to have such an amazing shop within a couple hours distance.

With my second kid slated to be here in less than a month, might be some time before I get to try out the new locker, but I'll be sure to engage it while driving in circles in my backyard for no reason.

My slow moving driver window finally s*** the bed. Was surprised new OEM motors and regulators were still available so went ahead and ordered both for driver and passenger side.

Going in next week, hoping to own the only 80 with crisp and speedy windows.

My slow moving driver window finally s*** the bed. Was surprised new OEM motors and regulators were still available so went ahead and ordered both for driver and passenger side.

Going in next week, hoping to own the only 80 with crisp and speedy windows.
well, how is the widow?

View attachment 3440083

Every time I check-in on these the price seems to slowly drift upward. Figured better now than never.

I did this project three weeks ago, and it wasn't any fun. However, the ECU no longer has those "lean" codes and she pulls a little harder than before going over hills.

Be extra careful when disconnecting two transmission harness connectors on the driver side of the bellhousing. I wasn't very "kind" due to annoyance and frustrations which caused me to lose my speedo signal. :bang:

well, how is the widow?
Lightning. Crazy having windows this fast now, I'm still not used to it. Wish I had done this sooner.

I did this project three weeks ago, and it wasn't any fun. However, the ECU no longer has those "lean" codes and she pulls a little harder than before going over hills.

Be extra careful when disconnecting two transmission harness connectors on the driver side of the bellhousing. I wasn't very "kind" due to annoyance and frustrations which caused me to lose my speedo signal. :bang:
Appreciate the tip, probably will be a while though before it gets done. No issues right now just wanted it on hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom