80 Series Aftermarket Gauge Choices & Mounting Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They are great. Very easy to read and the quality is very good. My only complaint was that I did not have the correct outlet on my laptop to tune and calibrate the warnings, so I had to buy an adapter. They use the VGA plug on their gauge for data transfer which makes it a little tricky but like I said, I like them a lot.

i've run those on a few performance cars. Always really liked them.
You can get a VGA to USB adapter for like a buck on amazon since no laptops in the modern world have a VGA port anymore.

Wondering how hard it would be to modify an overhead like this with the 14in1 or regular 52mm gauges:
View attachment 1949942
different model but gives you the idea

2020-05-20 23.40.18.jpg

Real time help needed please
What os the torque spec for the turbo to the t4 flange - thnx. Its the last thing

I've been looking for a combination AFR/boost gauge so I can set up a single small gauge in the middle of the steering clam shell (and hopefully not block any idiot lights). Saw this thing in @omergin 's turbo thread. It's a combo boost/AFR/WG duty gauge. It's also a digital boost controller to boot and comes with a shift light lol.

A programmable boost cut based on your wideband reading could be a VERY helpful safety feature.

Kinda overkill for what I was looking for, but it's one of the only gauges that does AFR/boost in a single 52mm gauge.

Amazon product ASIN B00LBJAZLI
:edit: OK, so aparently mud doesn't like amazon links anymore, but look up this if you're curious:
Innovate Motorsports (3882 SCG-1 Solenoid Boost Controller and Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge Kit, White, 52mm

How do you like that Sony? It’s just about the only headunit with a knob you can find. (that doesn’t look ridiculous) I cannot stand using buttons, or even worse, touchscreen for volume.

Dude,

We are both coupla old codgers as I share you sentiments. I have the same Sony XAV100 in the 4runner with the volume know and I really like it. It's simple and work well. One of these years, I might actually install a backup camera for it!

How do you like that Sony? It’s just about the only headunit with a knob you can find. (that doesn’t look ridiculous) I cannot stand using buttons, or even worse, touchscreen for volume.

it works good, has easy and fast bluetooth connection which i need, and knob is my priority too..

but it needs a wheel remote control i think, buttons are a bit far in a 80..

it works good, has easy and fast bluetooth connection which i need, and knob is my priority too..

but it needs a wheel remote control i think, buttons are a bit far in a 80..

My '03 Runner has the steering wheel control and they work seamlessly with this radio. I know they make addon steering wheel buttons so I bet you'll find something that'll work with the 80 wheel.

PLX gauge question: can you set alarms or activate a relay with it to cut boost? I like the bluetooth remote display option but also want a way to protect the engine if there is too much boost or is too lean. Both the AEM 30-4900 and the Innovate PSB-1 (SGG-1) look to have a boost cut output but I'd rather not have to mount a 52mm gauge. Any other options?

PLX gauge question: can you set alarms or activate a relay with it to cut boost? I like the bluetooth remote display option but also want a way to protect the engine if there is too much boost or is too lean. Both the AEM 30-4900 and the Innovate PSB-1 (SGG-1) look to have a boost cut output but I'd rather not have to mount a 52mm gauge. Any other options?

With a mechanical external wastegate, not sure how you'd pull that off. Maybe figure out how to program and run an electronic boost control solenoid in the vacuum line post turbo pre WG?
I'd just set it up as instructed and drive it.
Not sure how you would overboost significantly unless the wastegate completely failed somehow internally but you'd likely notice that much boost as the power out of this multiplies QUICK with higher boost levels.

Thanks for the reply. I've been digging into it more and understand it better - no easy way to dump the boost without running lighter springs in the waste gate and having a boost controller keeping the wastegate closed up to the correct pressure. I'm not interested in modifying or tuning the thing for more performance, just want to avoid a lean condition towing a trailer up a mountain pass.

My only previous turbo experience is on OE systems in SAABs with an internal waste gate. Trying to stay occupied waiting for the wits' end boxes to show up.

Just ordered JRP Multi-gauge. Thanks for the find and showing the size in the vehicle. As much as a custom fab pod seems enjoyable, it'll take me way too long to actually get around to doing.

Just purchased the Just Race Parts 14-in-1 Multigauge. I haven't had a chance to install yet, but wanted to recommend purchasing from Dave down there.

I had an issue where my unit was stuck in customs for about 3 weeks. I reached out to Dave at JRP and he responded within a couple hours by sending another unit to me and recalling the previous shipment. I highly recommend ordering from them, shipping the 2nd time was super quick (5 days to US) and customer service is top-notch

I Agree, Dave is great. He worked with me to trouble shoot a few challenges i had.
Just purchased the Just Race Parts 14-in-1 Multigauge. I haven't had a chance to install yet, but wanted to recommend purchasing from Dave down there.

I had an issue where my unit was stuck in customs for about 3 weeks. I reached out to Dave at JRP and he responded within a couple hours by sending another unit to me and recalling the previous shipment. I highly recommend ordering from them, shipping the 2nd time was super quick (5 days to US) and customer service is top-notch

Unfortunately, Fedex did not listen to Dave and delivered the first gauge unit ordered so I received 2. I will likely have an unopened JRP 14-1 Gauge unit to sell. I'm still working on the details with Dave, but I'm trying to do him a solid, as he did for me. Ping me if interested and we can try to work something out :) I purchased the Spartan 2 wideband directly from Spartan since they are located in Canada and price was significantly lower.

Base Pack
Display
OBD2 Cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom