80 running rough after Cat delete (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello!

Just picked up the LC after getting the CDL fixed as well as the cat removed. I was looking forward to a smooth ride home, but it feels like it is misfiring, or at least running rough. Toyocom shows switching from lean to rich alot. The short o2 has been replaced with a new OEM, the other is in place but is original.

No other changes to the vehicle. No CEL.

Could it be a backpressure change? Should I have the ECU relearn with no cats?

Any help is appreciated.

Scott

Last edited:
Check original O2 sensor just to make sure.

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a while and then taking it for a drive?
After reconnecting the battery obviously
Lol yes. Disco'd the neg, and let it sit for 30 mins. Then idled it in the drive. Still rough.

Have you checked that both sensors are toggling Lean / rich on your toyocom.

I can’t think of any reason why it would not run without the cat. I’d definitely replace the old sensor so you have 2 new.

And also check unrelated stuff, wire harness at the firewall/ vacuum leaks, and so on. It’s possible that something was disturbed when the work was done that has nothing to do with the exhaust.

If like said the battery was disconnected, how many miles have you put on it since? The ECU goes through a learn cycle. Stop and start cycles and hwy speeds. Mine always ran like crap for about a week for it to relearn.

Why did you remove the cats anyway????

Why did you remove the cats anyway????
Shop broke a stud replacing O2s and the angle was tough to resolve. They were original, and I had no prior history and wasn't sure how the flow was. So I told him to cut out the old exhaust, and just replaced it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom