Builds 80 coils on a 60 series? Yes we've done that a handful of times now (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Now a serious question. If just the front kit installed do the axle widths match up 80F to 60R?

If you get wheels with 4.5 BS they will tuck just within the wheel wells.

You’ll need 16” wheels to clear the 80 axle calipers.
Is there any 4.5 bs stock looking Toyota 16x7/8 wide wheels that will do the job, or does one have to dig into aftermarket?

17" x 7.5" FJ Cruiser steelies on Tor's 80 axle conversion
+15mm offset
4.5" backspacing

IMG_20191226_152612.jpg

I'm running 34's but 35's should fit easily

I’m running the home/booty fab version of this kit (this would have made things MUCH easier!). 35’s fit now as well as 33’s did with the leaves. You do get a little bit of tire kissing the fender at a fully turned stuff with the 80 series wheel, but not enough to worry about for occasional touching.

A wheel with more backspacing would help with this.

@torfab Hey Tor, would the front kit be adaptable to your Tundra rotor/caliper upgrade you did on my FJ60 front axle? We also did the 80 series rear axle. It sounds like the ride/handling would be a major improvement. The LS3/6L80 conversion kind of outruns the handling. Would doing just the front work?

The front upgrade alone will get you 95% of the benefits of the kit. The 80 series brakes are almost as big as the Tundra brakes, so you won't really notice any downgrade on that part.

The front upgrade alone will get you 95% of the benefits of the kit. The 80 series brakes are almost as big as the Tundra brakes, so you won't really notice any downgrade on that part.
Would it be possible to adapt the kit and use the existing 60 axle? I realize it would be more fabrication for the axle mounting brackets, but the 60 axle is upgraded with locker and chrome molly hafts and birfs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom