80/20 with Stock Roof Rack (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Something I have been playing with for a bit. Different sizes. Different spacing
39E22B8E-ADA5-4DFF-B9CF-768CF078F1FA.jpeg
BBA9DE16-7E6F-493F-9F71-06FCFA8E8890.jpeg
CD6F7FF7-5DB5-48EA-972B-5D07538046CC.jpeg
59E036D1-C373-47CC-BB62-1E0731CE75B7.jpeg
. Mounts up pretty solid.

that looks perfect. In for the details.

Very cool. Did you cut the 8020 yourself? Where did you get the triangular pieces on each end?

What was your total cost? Does it look like enough room to bolt a tent to it? I've made some crossbars for my LX that are same profile but haven't tried mounting anything yet.

How exactly are you mounting your awning?

By utilizing 80/20 t nuts in the channels and the original awning brackets that came with my arb and foxwing. The t nuts stay in the channel year round, always there when I need them. Since the brackets stay on the awning and the nuts stay in the channel, it takes about 60 seconds to remove or install the awning.
Yours looks great btw. I like how you used different sizes.

Last edited:
Found em!

What was your total cost? Does it look like enough room to bolt a tent to it? I've made some crossbars for my LX that are same profile but haven't tried mounting anything yet.

Depending on your options (number of slots/profile, mounting type, anodized specs, etc) each bar can run about $85-$165. Look closely at my pics and you can see 3 different examples of the 8020 profiles used. I’m probably most happy with the 6 slot (2 on top and bottom and 1 on each side). Those were ~$115 each with shipping, not anodized on the ends, I just shot a little black automotive spray paint on the cut to “seal” them.

As far as a RTT, I would imagine no problems with supporting or having enough room, guess it all depends on your RTT specs.

Thanks for this!

For people asking for details or part numbers I think these are correct on 80/20.net (just going off pics, might be wrong though):

Corner brackets: 4336-black
Crossbars: 1530-black
T-nuts: 3203
Fasteners for brackets to crossbars: 3320

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom