69 and older 9MM brake line adaptors (FAQ) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thecrazygreek

A.K.A. TheCraftyGreek
Threads
I have read through many threads regarding the issue of re-doing brake lines on a pre-69 40.

Well thats my exact situation. I wanted to buy new hard line and fittings and just "bolt er up"... haha...

What I found was when you remove the old fittings the threads in the T joints and everywhere else, get all gummed up from the flared end coming back through the threads when you remove them. Not only is that an issue, but the REAL issue is that the <=69 40's use a 9mm fitting.

It was simple enough to fix the gummed up threads with a 9mm x 1.0 tap. (harbor frieght special)

But when I started the line project I "misplaced" four of the fittings. I have recently been asking about trying to find some.

But during my searching I stumbled upon an adaptor that allows you to use a 10mm x 1.0 (much more common) and screw that into your existing 9mm holes.

The item is from NAPA and is part number BK 6415023

Heres a pic. They run about $6.50 each but I think are worth it in a pinch...

Just thought I would post this up as it may be of help to someone.

Thanks
:cheers:
adapter.jpg

Thanks for that great post....:cheers:

this needs to be copied to tech list. Nice find. Woody , please save this info. for the tech page.

Yep. Very handy info. Hopefully Poser will post'er. :D

is the male side 9mm or the female side 9mm or do they come either way

It will screw into a 9mm hole, and accept a 10mm fitting...

Excellent. I need to either bend and move, or replace the old 9mm line in order to put a dual battery box in. This could make for an easier decision. Thanks.

I suppose you could....

In the FAQ folks.

:beer:

Quick Update

Just a quick update on these wonderful adaptors.

I just installed them yesterday and they all went in without a hitch. I now have stainless steel braided flex lines, and several new "pre-flared" lines.

God it was soo easy.

If you have a 69 or older, and dont want to go through the headache of re-doing your entire braking system, these will work great!

I just ordered 4 of them from the local NAPA parts store. They said there were none west of Chicago, so it will take a few days to get them here, but this is a much easier option than changing out the complete system.

The male end threads into your existing plumbing. The female end takes a "standard" 10mm fitting.

I will check out the Napa fitting myself, but at the end of the day, if you are changing brake lines anyway, we do have capability to produce 9mm, 10mm, and 11mm hoses in any length/configuration---already done it for many of you Kimosabi's.

I agree with Jim -- Because he made me a set of lines-- great work and great to work with!

Your the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom