68 fj40 with tree damage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, just wanted to say hi and thanks! this is a great place to get answers, ideas and courage to actually dig in to something a little further than i would have before!! Ha! I'm currently replacing a head on my '71 40, I hope to get that back together for some fall riding! next project is a tree damaged '68 40, ...never get your rig ready for winter storage then park near a maple tree in a wind storm!! got the '68 and my 4 runner but had the courtesy to miss the garage with my '78 in it!:eek: These pics were after removing some of the tree! the 68 is a little bent but still runs a drives(around the farm!) gotta love a land cruiser!
IMG_1527.JPG
4 runner.JPG
78 fj40.JPG

Exactly! and it didn't get into the engine, and the cowl and dash are undamaged save for the steering wheel! it'll live to fight another day!!

That sucks, man. It looked pretty solid for an NH truck.

glad to hear everyone is alright and the house didnt get taken out or anything... get the bezel flipped on the 40 thats in the garage ;)
oops!!:doh:...thats better!... thats the 71 in the garage, anyone know a good/inexpensive place to get ehaust valves guides and seats??
20071012_0849.jpg

Last edited:
How about some pictures of the m-715
here's a couple, it's mainly my fire wood rig, and it did help dragging the tree away (wich i still have some left to burn this winter!)
thought i'd throw in a pic of my plow rig too, its got no doors but at least the brakes dont work!!:eek:
ps. the snow is last years!!
m-715.JPG
fresh snow.JPG
scout.JPG

Nice M715. Is the Scout fairly solid? If not, I saw a nice parts rig for it up in Maine.

thanks,stock engine and 24 volt still, still runs great luckily, the scout runs like a top too, but the body's falling off it!! so... between no brakes, bad clutch, terrible body, one working plow light, drivers seat completely loose from the floor, boat gas can fuel tank....you get the idea HA! it'll probably finish it's life in that shape:frown: probably go to somebody who needs a drivetrain.

The scout runs like a top too, but the body's falling off it!! so... between no brakes, bad clutch, terrible body, one working plow light, drivers seat completely loose from the floor, boat gas can fuel tank....you get the idea HA! it'll probably finish it's life in that shape:frown: probably go to somebody who needs a drivetrain.

Those Scout 2's have the Dana 44's under them that the Jeep guys are alway looking for to upgrade thier CJ series.

You could also contact the www.ScoutConnection.com if you wanted to fix anything on that rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom