60 Winch Bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the 4+ bumper. No experience with a winch on it as of now, but I'm putting either an M8000 or an XD9000 on, and I'm happy to share my experiences. Pre-winch, it's a stout, good-looking piece.

A similar thread with some related information:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/102543-winch-options-arb-bumper.html

I think the end conclusion, some of the older XD9000i's without the heat sink on the motor apparently fit, though its tight and the water intrusion problems at the motor and solenoids are a concern. I apologize if I mislead anyone by saying they absolutely will not fit, I should revise that and say "many will not fit" but I wouldn't feel comfortable selling a bumper under the assumption it will fit as the few we've tried here did not.

? on removing the stock OEM front bumper... What the easy way to get the 4 large rivets off on each side of the frame (that hold the bumper brackets to the frame) heat them up with a torch and take the BFH to them or try the air chisel right off the bat?

I torched the heads of them off. Oxy-Acetelyne.

Blammo.

Then a punch with a BFH to get the peice that's still stuck in there.. Don't whack your hand.

Yeah... I figured that..... sometimes all it takes is a BFH and some heat. Some of that stuff you would figure would be bolted on, rather than the large rivets.

Ok enough about the front bumper.... whats the deal where I read about installing a rear bumper where you have to "notch" the frame. Exactly what are "they" talking about in notching the frame? I know there is a crossmember that basically at the rear of the frame. I assume this has to be modified or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom