60 Winch Bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

my 60

here is what mine looks like now... need some bumpers..
Trying to buy some rockcrawler wheels and larger tires too.
DSC00375.JPG

V-8

Yes it is nice to have a V-8. YOu can see my long thread about the engine swap. Only recently have I gotten it running right. (PCM ISSUES). There are some minor changes from this pic but here is generally what the engine layout looks like. It has pretty good power...I just got fed up with the I-6. By the way it was not $$cheap, even though a buddy and I did all the work, except for the PCM programming. I still need to get the A/C working and do some fine tuning on the wiring and some little things here and there.
DSC00318.JPG

Yes it is nice to have a V-8. YOu can see my long thread about the engine swap. Only recently have I gotten it running right. (PCM ISSUES). There are some minor changes from this pic but here is generally what the engine layout looks like. It has pretty good power...I just got fed up with the I-6. By the way it was not $$cheap, even though a buddy and I did all the work, except for the PCM programming. I still need to get the A/C working and do some fine tuning on the wiring and some little things here and there.

NICE I can wait for my 5.3 4L60e swap to start ... and then be done... you runnin an auto

I run a yota 5 speed. I think an auto would be nice though..

I'm a few days out from the conversation, but I have an older ARB bumper on my 60 and also have a warn9000 mounted feet forward in it. it took some fab work, adding a plate and extending down the middle part of the bumper, but it is slick. I will take pics tomorrow and post. need a good fabricator and it works perfect. plenty of clearance.

pics later

jeff

My XD9000i is mounted on its back, if that helps. I have contacted Warn about this mounting configuration, and am waiting on a response. I've pulled an 80 off a rock the last time I went wheeling without any problems. I'll post back up when I hear from Warn.

Already got an answer from Warn on this:

The main issue with mounting it in that configuration is that the drain holes in the motor are no longer on the bottom of the motor but mid-way up the motor. This means that any water that enters the motor will not be able to drain back out and can damage it.

The other thing would be to make sure the mounting bolts in this configuration would be in compression and not oriented in a stretch position.

Since I don't have any deep water crossing where I wheel, mine's OK right now, but if I get rid of the Warn bumper, I'll mount it upright.

Now you know...

M10000 fits perfectly.

if you can find a Warn M10000 winch, they fit perfectly. And actually, that older style ARB bumper for the 60 was made to hold that M10000.

it mounts feet first. My M8000 on the FJ40 mounts feet down (IIRC).

I think ARB is a little light for a 10,000 with a snatch block, unless you pull straight on. A customer had me build a new front 60 after he bent his ARB with a 12,000 ( same bumper ) while pulling upward out of a ditch. It bent back about 10 degrees.
It's floating around town on the front of a ford pickup now. Some broke redneck bought it for $50 and modified it to fit a Ranger ( the small Ranger ). It looks pretty silly. It sticks way out in front and each side

yuppers, the 10 is on the list for that bumper, The M8000 mounts both ways, feet forward or feet down. The 10 is a great choice...that and a snatchblock would yank you up the side of a building.

I think ARB is a little light for a 10,000 with a snatch block, unless you pull straight on. A customer had me build a new front 60 after he bent his ARB with a 12,000 ( same bumper ) while pulling upward out of a ditch. It bent back about 10 degrees.
It's floating around town on the front of a ford pickup now. Some broke redneck bought it for $50 and modified it to fit a Ranger ( the small Ranger ). It looks pretty silly. It sticks way out in front and each side

LMAO, I can picture that...I was actually just talking about the winch (euphamism) but you are right, the bumper wouldn't be that tough...I, in a misguided attempt to drag my 60 up a wall that I had failed to climb, bent the hell out of the tube crossmember behind the winch mount with a towstrap. Not my best theoretical moment as I had wrapped the strap around multiple times giving it a mechanical advantage.....:doh:

Seems to me that if the drain holes are a concern that a second set of case bolt threaded holes could be added to the frame casting. Then you could rotate the motor relative to the landing feet. Warn should've done this from the start, maybe they did?

Now you've got me thinking to pull my cable-less, unmounted M8 apart and look.....

The Warn winch that I installed recently came designed to be mounted feet down, but if you take the cover off an I believe motor loose, you will see another drain hole that has silicone in it. To mount it feet forward, just remove the silicone and silicone the other hole closed. It is not very complicated.

ARB "remodeled" for winch mount

here are some pics of my remodeled ARB with the warn xd9000

sorry took so long.
DSC02550.jpg
DSC02549.jpg

Old ex Border Patrol M8, new motor. No silicone to be found anywhere. Note the two cut slots on the face that the motor bolts to, and that the motor can be clocked in 90* increments.
IMG_0448.jpg
IMG_0449.jpg
IMG_0450.jpg

Well so far my XD9000i winch looks to mount to only one bumper I'm aware of and that's the one from 4+. I just can't see buying anothe winch right now, and I'm not going to let the winch go with the pickup it was mounted on..(selling it) as I would just be giving it away relative to the value of the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom