50 Series?? (Shorty 55) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pretty sweet huh, that last picture you have there was of a different one madein the 90's by Joe be schlemick
I bought mime from him and we built it together

I've been thinking about a shorty for awhile, my only issues are I don't want to start with another rust bucket, yet hate to chop up a good Pig.

That said, I have a 71 donor that has the arse end chopped out, was waiting to chop the roof, then sourced a roof, so who knows what's gonna happen.

Do you have anymore details on the frame chop?

Really like the look of Tel's rig. Love the height and the WB looks spot on. The only thing I would want to change is the front angle of the back side glass. With the door angled one way and the back angled the other it looks a bit odd. I realize that it kept all the glass stock and changing would require some serious work and custom glass but...

That's part of the visual obstacles I kept seeing, too.

The front door could use a 4-5" stretching and thought it might be possible to level the door post, opposed to the backward angle, at the same time.

Require new door glass and a cobbled regulator, so not an easy task, unless topless was the intention to start with.

Tel, the shorty owner, directed to a FB page containing.

He'd messaged saying he was online and saw pics of his Pig posted here and disclosed in conversation that followed.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I I no its been a while for this thread but I've been build the piglet up again.

Got a rear locker in it now
And the newest big thing I've Done was stuff a 93 fj80 rear axle under it and tried the leafs out for a three link. I have everything in place and sitting on its own again took about a day to cut and paste

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom