4X4 Labs rear bumper mudflaps. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I love the 4X4 labs rear bumper I bought for my 80 last year. It works excellent.

One issue I'm having is my bikes on the bike rack getting trashed with mud when it is wet out and I'm worried about rock chips in the gel coat on my boat when I tow it.

Does anyone have mudflaps on the 4X4 labs rear bumper? I would want something easy to fabricate and get on and off. I'm looking for ideas before I get started.

I'm looking for ideas before I get started.

Had the same problem. Welded some angle to the wing and bolted on Poly Urethane flaps from Susquehanna Motorsports using riv-nuts.

Left the flaps BIG so that snow and mud would stop clogging the wings = rust, which was my only complaint with the design. I think it's left open to accommodate trimming for 37's. Why an attachment is not an option for those without a welder - dunno. Preferably quick detach. Mud flaps are law in a lot of places for good reason.

Last edited:
Vintage-1976-Yosemite-Sam-Back-Off-Truck-Mud.jpg

Hmmm......

I was looking more for suggestions for how to design clever disconnects that are out of the way of rocks and such.

Hmmm......

I was looking more for suggestions for how to design clever disconnects that are out of the way of rocks and such.
Oh, you were being serious....
RockGARD for the boat, and I'd get a bike cover for the bicycles.

@OREGON85 - I purchased one of these kits a few years back thinking I'd use it on my 200 and never did.

Cover the object you want to protect. You can deflect stuff from your own wheels, but not from the stuff coming from other motorists.

Here is my solution:

Trimmed Rally Armor from Amazon. Used OEM mounting locations with OEM hardware.

Images below. Label from amazon:

Rally Armor MF20-BAS-BLK Black Mud Flap with Logo (Longer Universal Fitment (no Hardware) Basic Plus)

IMG_0584.jpeg

IMG_0585.jpeg

Does the 4x4Labs bumper not allow for the stock mudflaps to be used? Curious because I have one on order.

Does the 4x4Labs bumper not allow for the stock mudflaps to be used? Curious because I have one on order.

Correct. Cant use stock mudflats without butchering them.

Correct. Cant use stock mudflats without butchering them.
OK awesome. Not trying to hijack the thread, but how do y'all deal with the tailpipe and the mudflaps? I think I remember the instructions saying that you need to add a tailpipe extension to avoid melting the flap. Wondering if that can be done with a clamp on deal from Pepboys or if a custom weld-on solution is the better move.

OK awesome. Not trying to hijack the thread, but how do y'all deal with the tailpipe and the mudflaps? I think I remember the instructions saying that you need to add a tailpipe extension to avoid melting the flap. Wondering if that can be done with a clamp on deal from Pepboys or if a custom weld-on solution is the better move.

Easy answer is don't run mudflaps and the cut for the exhaust isn't a issue.

On the exhaust side, I used same set up as photo I posted above. Only difference was I trimmed a section out so it did not interfere with exhaust. I am not running stock exhaust though, so your situation may differ.

Update on mud flaps - Found a better/ more secure way to mount muflaps than the way previously posted (by me above). I decided to reuse the factory mudflap insert thing. This allowed for more mounting points, and more support.

Here is how it turned out:

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 11.52.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 11.52.36 PM.png

Update on mud flaps - Found a better/ more secure way to mount muflaps than the way previously posted (by me above). I decided to reuse the factory mudflap insert thing. This allowed for more mounting points, and more support.

Here is how it turned out:

View attachment 3064716

View attachment 3064717

What made you change it up? Did the original mounting points/flaps you used in earlier posts not work out? Tackling this soon on mine as well - thanks @crtx .

My truck doesn’t have the factory flares anymore. I welded a bit of 1/4” flat bar at the front of the wing. My mud flaps are 3/8” conveyor belt cut to shape and bolted to the flat bar. They extend up into the wheel arch to cover the hole between the bar and the body.
1699776686407.png

Like in this picture.

Unscheduled chassis inspection.

My truck doesn’t have the factory flares anymore. I welded a bit of 1/4” flat bar at the front of the wing. My mud flaps are 3/8” conveyor belt cut to shape and bolted to the flat bar. They extend up into the wheel arch to cover the hole between the bar and the body. View attachment 3479216
Like in this picture.

Unscheduled chassis inspection.

I'll gladly work on my garage floor instead of ever seeing this angle...oooffff! Hope all is well with the rig, and thanks for the alternative angle shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom