4th Annual 100s in the Hills - Ouray, Colorado: August 1-3 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Our wonderful and always appreciated Supporters never need to register @woody.

Not including @woody and any of our major supporters..... It looks like we will have 2 spots available.

I will be starting a Denver HIH thread for anyone that would like to join the long and scenic route to Ouray for the event. This will probably be a minimum of two days covering some great trails on the way.

Last edited:
We have adjusted the website to allow 2 new registrations for the 4th Annual event. As of right now, there is no need to email us for a wait list position.......Please go to www.100sinthehills.com to join!

I will be starting a Denver HIH thread for anyone that would like to join the long and scenic route to Ouray for the event. This will probably be a minimum of two days covering some great trails on the way.

We are arriving in Denver to pick up my bro on Wednesday evening. Would love to drive down and meet up even if to just camp and catch the last leg of your drive down. Will stay tuned!

Not sure what we are doing yet, timing wise. We will have the LC in Denver so will fly in and drive from DIA.

Please post a link here for the Denver to ouray group. I'm getting confused with all these different threads!

My truck will be getting some last minute tweaks from Slee and stashed there between my family trip and HiH, but my trailer will likely be in Grand Junction.

So not sure if running the Denver lead-in route will leave me enough time to go up and get the trailer, but I'd love to do the extra days!

less than 60 days out!

2013, top of Imogene
IMG_4108.JPG

What to do after HIH???

We have the next week available to hang out and explore after the event. Can anyone give any recommendations? I will have the family with me so some family friendly hikes and fun things would be great. After 3-4 nights of primitive camping we'll likely need a campground for a hot shower and trip to the laundromat. I was thinking of leaving Ouray and heading over to the Swell. Looks like Green River is only 3-3.5hr away. How hot will it be over there at that time of year?

What would you do if you have another 3-4 days to check out the area? We will need to be back in PA on Sunday so will need to plan a miserable 3+ solid days in the car to end the trip.

Thanks!

That actually sounds great. Would you be camping out at Green River?

The only potential problem with all things Moab/SRS elevation for summer: Heat. But maybe head to the top of the La Sal or Henry mountain ranges. Another fantastic somewhat hidden and not often traveled area that might be more strategic to your PA base: SE Wyoming. Specifically Medicine Bow National Forest area and the Snowy Range; great stuff in there!

Or...if you haven't seen Mt. Rushmore you might consider making a bee-line up there while in the mountain states...your family will be impressed for sure if they haven't seen it before. And good camp opportunities in the Black Hills albeit much smaller in size/scope than CO or WY.

I just got the OK for the time off ! I just registered and am looking forward, as a new 100 guy, to learn all I can about my LC.
I will be driving from Prescott Arizona On Thursday July 31st and returning on Monday Aug 4th. Anyone headed to and/or from
Ouray at the same time? Road Trip?

passing through Durango the morning of the 31st, can meet us there for the last hour into Ouray if you'd like.

What to do after HIH???

Yes, it will be hot in the swell that time of year but worse are the biting gnats. I'd stay in the high country. My recommendation would be Grand Mesa about 20 miles north of Delta, CO. Highest flat top mountain in the world, lots of lakes, many trails for 4x4, bike and hike. If your family likes hiking you must do the Crag Crest trail. Campgrounds aplenty but the bigger ones will require reservation. Tons of smaller ones too and hundreds of boondock camping options. None have showers but many private campgrounds between Ouray and GM.

We have the next week available to hang out and explore after the event. Can anyone give any recommendations? I will have the family with me so some family friendly hikes and fun things would be great. After 3-4 nights of primitive camping we'll likely need a campground for a hot shower and trip to the laundromat. I was thinking of leaving Ouray and heading over to the Swell. Looks like Green River is only 3-3.5hr away. How hot will it be over there at that time of year?

What would you do if you have another 3-4 days to check out the area? We will need to be back in PA on Sunday so will need to plan a miserable 3+ solid days in the car to end the trip.

Thanks!

2008 FJ Cruiser expedition ready and overland trailer w RTT.

passing through Durango the morning of the 31st, can meet us there for the last hour into Ouray if you'd like.
Thank you for the invite. The morning may be early for us on the 31st. We will leave Prescott in the morning and its maybe 9 hours to Durango. Thanks

IMG_1285.jpg
Ace,
I believe that was the area we toured around together back in October when I was passing through town. A campsite by the lake where the kids could swim and we could chill for a day or two, with a hike or two would be great. Any recommendations? What kind of high temps can we expect that time of year?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Please be on the lookout for a confirmation email from 100s in the Hills. We are finalizing initial shirt orders and passenger ages. (Trying to determine how many kids we will have at this year's event.)

Did this email go out yet? Haven't seen anything come through yet. We'll have 2 kids. 11 and 13. My wife says I act like a kid, but I'm actually pretty old :)

Did this email go out yet? Haven't seen anything come through yet. We'll have 2 kids. 11 and 13. My wife says I act like a kid, but I'm actually pretty old :)

It didn't. It will go out this week. We're finalizing the roster/emails.

Hi everyone,
I just tried to get on the website, info page, and it requires a password. I am trying to find actual dates and times so that I can arrange flights and work schedules.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom