4th Annual 100s in the Hills - Ouray, Colorado: August 1-3 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jonharis

Adventure Imports
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com

Friends,

The time is drawing near. The 4th Annual 100s in the Hills is coming to Ouray Colorado once again! This year's event will be held August 1-3 in beautiful Ouray Colorado and is exclusive to the 100 series platform. Yes, you heard it, for this one special weekend, the underdogs of the Series 100 will once again take over the San Juan mountains.

This is a grass roots, laid back gathering of 100s guys and gals in a non commercial setting. We will once again be camped outside of Ouray in the valleys of the San Juan's. That said, we are only 15 minutes from town where lots of nice lodging can be found.

Visit and like our website here.

The last three year's trip reports can be found below.

First Annual Thread | Second Annual Thread |Third Annual Thread

This event will include everything from scenic trails that are nearly stock-friendly, all the way to challenging trails that will test your sliders and armor. We strongly suggest every vehicle have an AT type tire or better, and a matching spare. Stock road tires are easily punctured from the sharp rocks in the area. If you plan on joining the Poughkeepsie Gulch run, we recommend at least sliders and 33's. Multiple trails will be run from Friday through Sunday so it's best to plan on arriving early and staying late to make the most of it.

Other goings on will include the Worlds Biggest 100 series garage sale so post up in the thread linked what you need to sell or what you want to buy.

Friday night will be the big gathering with a Pot-Luck dinner and activities for the kids for those who wish to join.

Note: This year we will be implementing a formal registration process. Payment will be via PayPal once registration opens. We will post the registration date and time here and it will first come first serve. Due to US Forest Service permitting and tracking requirements, and a desire to keep it intimate, we will be limiting the event to approximately 30-35 trucks. We are still finalizing cost and will post that in advance, but it will be nominal. Proceeds go to pay for materials, restroom facilities and permit fees.

DETAILS

Kids: Kids (but not infants on the trail for obvious reasons) are encouraged! The reason many of us do this stuff is because of our kids and rest assured mine will be with me. Get them out to experience the great outdoors. We will have kids shirts available to purchase which they will love for year's to come!

Pets: Good dogs are welcome. Bad dogs are not. Please bring the necessary tools to clean up after them and remember USFS guidelines require them to be on a leash. It is a little more laid back around camp but we still need to keep them under control.

Camping: We will be camping at 8,000+ feet and driving at 12,000+, it can get cold at night but shouldn't be too bad this time a year. Drink tons of water due to the altitude and asprin/ibuprofen are good for mild altitude sickness. We pack out everything, including human waste. We will provide an enclosed poratpotie for number 2s. Use it or hold it. Also depending on burn bans, we will or won't have a group camp fire. I will keep an eye on current bans and advise. If we do have a fire please bring wood. If not, we will have a propane campfire in a can for a little bit of ambiance.

Hotels: If you must stay in a hotel, there are some great hotels in Ouray: 15 minutes from camp. May I suggest the Box Canyon Lodge, Victorian Inn, Twin Peaks and Beaumont.

Be sure to subscribe to this thread for updates on registration and further details.

See you in Ouray!

100sHills2013k.jpg

100sHills2013k.jpg

Last edited:
Placeholder for details.

Placeholder for details....

Last edited:
Awesome job guys! I had a blast last year and am planning on it again this year! Thanks for organizing! Great video, Jon!

My wife and I will kick off our 3 week camping trip with this being our first stop.

Last year was awesome, will love it again this year!

Awesome job guys! I had a blast last year and am planning on it again this year! Thanks for organizing! Great video, Jon!

Paflytyer (Stan) did the great work on the video. Looking forward to it!

Looking forward the the best HIH yet. The Four Horseman have a lot of planning to do to make this happen. Can't wait to see the Series 100s all over Ouray!

This is my first HIH and I plan on attending. Will keep updated via this thread!

See you all there! Woohoo!

We had a blast last year. I'll be back this year with my winch bolted down properly to tackle the "Wall"...

Can't wait! First-timer here. I am slowly building the new to me 100. Family is pumped.

Some serious Tech opportunities here. The event has proven each year to be the prime location to determine what modifications are worth the cost of admission and which ones are just fluff. To be able to see everything from stock to over the top in one weekend and on one trail has been a real treat for me. I have based numerous purchases based on the vehicles present and wish something like this was around when I first bought my truck.

Some serious Tech opportunities here. The event has proven each year to be the prime location to determine what modifications are worth the cost of admission and which ones are just fluff. To be able to see everything from stock to over the top in one weekend and on one trail has been a real treat for me. I have based numerous purchases based on the vehicles present and wish something like this was around when I first bought my truck.

Great points Jonathan! You can expect to see new offerings from vendors for the 100 Series platform. Last year there were products being used that weren't even released yet! This is a fantastic event for vendors to show off their latest and greatest offerings....... and they'll be real-world tested amongst the largest gathering of 100 Series owners in the United States!

Last edited:
Subscribed. Been watching daily for this notice. Looking forward to another great year.

Agree completely with Jon and Stan above. Attended last year with a mostly stock Land Cruiser (exception being A/T tires and sliders). Great opportunity to seek out what mods are necessary/unnecessary for how you plan to use your land cruiser. All of the mods I have made since the trip have been directly related to my experience and observation at HIH last year. Definitely have my endorsement as a great event and great group of folks to get to know. Sure appreciate the organizers time and hard work making this such a great event. Looking forward to this year!!!!

I'll be making the drive out again. It was worth every second and every penny. If you like mountains, and Land Cruisers this is the event for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom