48 State Cruisers? New Group? (1 Viewer)

Would you be interested ?

• Hell yes

• Yes

• Maybe so

Results are only viewable after voting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well we didn’t want to jeopardize our agreement with Quick Trip by violating the large group thing, I’m sure you understand that. Looking forward to your new group wheeling and meeting every weekend. Show up to the meeting in three weeks and introduce yourself and your other members.

I dont know how small the LandCruiser community is in AZ... this club has over 500 members and a good portion of them active in any other (*non-WUHAN) year as far as activities. I'm looking forward to getting back to a routine of monthly meetings and welcoming new members,

I feel as though even with our 500+ members, that pales in comparison to the thousands that belong to the Tacoma, 4Runner, Tundra, Jeep, and other groups. I mean, the community is small enough that we have an entire thread dedicated to finding and spotting other Land Cruisers out in the wild where they are commonly found out to be other members of CSC or friends of members. I'm not complaining as I love CSC and how it feels like such a friendly tight-knit community, I'm just saying that we are comparatively small.

Hi all,

Myself and another MUD member were thinking of starting a group called 48 State Cruisers for Land Cruisers in the state of Arizona. We would love to have monthly and maybe even weekly meets and runs. Would be nice to meet all of you guys in person. Every time I see a Land Cruiser on the road I want to say hi, so hopefully we can make it happen? Just trying to get a feel on who would want to go on meets and maybe runs in the near future. We land cruisers need to be united in this state 48.

Sincerely,
The AZ Cruiser
youtube.com/theazcruiser

View attachment 2629463

Welcome to the group. CSC would be delighted to have you and your MUD member friend as members. As mentioned, CSC has been doing meets and runs pre COVID. We hope you will consider joining CSC.

On the topic of meets.. any CSC meets in the near future? I’ve been away doing my own thing and work has been friggin absolutely bonkers. Plus I want to show off my new Covid Vaccine 💉 3rd eye I sprouted.. no but seriously, I just miss people and seeing a herd of cruisers..

On the topic of meets.. any CSC meets in the near future? I’ve been away doing my own thing and work has been friggin absolutely bonkers. Plus I want to show off my new Covid Vaccine 💉 3rd eye I sprouted.. no but seriously, I just miss people and seeing a herd of cruisers..

Post 12

9D3E6CC3-7A57-41B6-AE8A-B082C3467C8A.png

Where's the option for 'there's already a club that offers this exact thing, so what's the point?'

Actually, there are (at least) two AZ LC clubs. But you do you. No offense taken or intended.

+1

CSC is a great group.

I'd just join CSC and lead your own runs, we're always looking for folks to lead, I'd be willing to come along.

Maybe Ben @-Spike- and Richard @richardlillard1 could introduce your landcruiser to Ajax, Woodpecker, Elvis or some of the other fun trails out by Florence. You may want to inspect Ben’s truck first, his auto detail from Camelback Toyota never came through so it may have a few scratches and dings.:rofl:

Seriously, looking forward to meeting you and your buddy in person Later this month.

Last edited:
One of the things I personally like about CSC is that even with a 4Runner I am welcome at events. I do own 2 FJ40’s but they are not my primary wheelers especially when highway treks are involved to get to where the run begins. So I don’t know if this group is open to all Toyota 4WD’s or just Landcruisers.

One of the things I personally like about CSC is that even with a 4Runner I am welcome at events. I do own 2 FJ40’s but they are not my primary wheelers especially when highway treks are involved to get to where the run begins. So I don’t know if this group is open to all Toyota 4WD’s or just Landcruisers.
Any Toyota with a transfer case and low range, at least that was the rule a decade ago.

Are there such a things as 4wd vehicles with transfer cases that don’t have low range?
My Outback doesn't have low range . . .

Unlike other all-wheel drive systems, Subaru integrates its transfer case into the transmission, as opposed to a front wheel bias. The use of limited slip differentials (LSD) is key, as they combine the benefits of open and locked differentials. The torque split of a LSD is based on available grip, and makes it a great choice for daily driving.
1617378876730.png

I see zero point in someone creating a new group, when they could address the lack of organized runs by simply volunteering to organize a run. There are always CSC folks willing to meet up and do runs and it can all be organized here. What is the point of starting a new group? Why not just post up a thread saying "hey, lets do a group run at X trail on Y date". That seems to have worked pretty well for a long time. If you want to get together for a meet up, same approach. "Hey folks, looking to do an evening meet up at X location on Y date, hope to see you there."

Are there such a things as 4wd vehicles with transfer cases that don’t have low range?
There are many vehicles that purport to be 4wd, but lack one or the other, or both. My wife's old Pilot, for instance, or a RAV4.

There are many vehicles that purport to be 4wd, but lack one or the other, or both. My wife's old Pilot, for instance, or a RAV4.

I get that there are Awd/4wd, but isn’t the only purpose of a transfer case to provide lower gearing ie low range?

I see zero point in someone creating a new group, when they could address the lack of organized runs by simply volunteering to organize a run. There are always CSC folks willing to meet up and do runs and it can all be organized here. What is the point of starting a new group? Why not just post up a thread saying "hey, lets do a group run at X trail on Y date". That seems to have worked pretty well for a long time. If you want to get together for a meet up, same approach. "Hey folks, looking to do an evening meet up at X location on Y date, hope to see you there."

I think the OP is looking for content for his YouTube channel and probably wants his own club to feature there. I don’t know why one would ask members of one club if they want to start another one, maybe it would be easier to build than starting one from scratch? Seems a bit off to me, but to each there own.

My Outback doesn't have low range . . .

Unlike other all-wheel drive systems, Subaru integrates its transfer case into the transmission, as opposed to a front wheel bias. The use of limited slip differentials (LSD) is key, as they combine the benefits of open and locked differentials. The torque split of a LSD is based on available grip, and makes it a great choice for daily driving.
View attachment 2633338

Okay, so in this case the transfer case is just splitting the output from the transmission front/rear?

The old Arizona Land Cruiser Association died a slow, lingering death of apathy. I’d rather see one vibrant group.

They might still have a few threads on this board.

Rocky

Last edited:
Maybe Ben @-Spike- and Richard @richardlillard1 could introduce your landcruiser to Ajax, Woodpecker, Elvis or some of the other fun trails out by Florence. You may want to inspect Ben’s truck first, his auto detail from Camelback Toyota never came through so it may have a few scratches and dings.:rofl:

Seriously, looking forward to meeting you and your buddy in person Later this month.
I have no idea what you’re talking about, my truck is a pearl. :rolleyes:

Okay, so in this case the transfer case is just splitting the output from the transmission front/rear?
What if you are like me and have two transfer cases? 😆

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom