406 Cruiser Heads - Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey, all!

Travis here. I live in Bozeman and just picked up my first 80 series a couple months ago. I purchased it from a guy in McCall ID who was the 2nd owner.

fj80.48915

Hi all,
I'm Sam and this is my first Toyota. I bought it rather impulsively, but I've always wanted my own project and this has turned out to be perfect. My ride is an '88 FJ62, 2" lift (or so I'm told), some cancer, some dents, and more than a couple problems that were unexpected. Found ih8mud while chasing a "stuck in 4x4" problem.
I live in Kalispell, I typically enjoy IPA's, esp the Core Shot IPA from Kalispell Brewing and the Napa on Idaho has become my second home.
Cheers, look forward to meeting some of you.

Did you just buy the rig? I might have some history on it.

Hi all,
I'm Sam and this is my first Toyota. I bought it rather impulsively, but I've always wanted my own project and this has turned out to be perfect. My ride is an '88 FJ62, 2" lift (or so I'm told), some cancer, some dents, and more than a couple problems that were unexpected. Found ih8mud while chasing a "stuck in 4x4" problem.
I live in Kalispell, I typically enjoy IPA's, esp the Core Shot IPA from Kalispell Brewing and the Napa on Idaho has become my second home.
Cheers, look forward to meeting some of you.
I are in kalispell as well, welcome

South of Kalispell, congrats on the 62. If you need a hand anytime give a shout.

Did you just buy the rig? I might have some history on it.

3_puppies,
I would like to hear the history you have. Pretty sure this truck passed through your hands previously. Are you Paul Fantry? If so, I was given your card when I purchased the rig from Luke.

That's me. You can call me in the eve, I should be home thur, fri and sat.
Paul

Hello, Everyone,
My name is Peter and I live in Bozeman. I had a 60 for many years and for a few days a 40. Now, I have a pretty 1996 FZJ80 triple locked. It took me five months to find the right combination of lockers/year/condition/miles/price (in that order). Had to get it here from Wisconsin, but short term pain for long term gain. I like to wheel. I like to wrench. I am happy to come lend a hand on projects.

My daily is an old green (winters-white hard top, summers-tan soft top) International Scout long wheel base. If you see me in town, please say, "Hi".

upload_2016-12-9_22-20-17.png

What to do with this beautiful blank canvas...? Well, sliders for starters. Can't ding up those nice rockers. Then, we will see.

Welcome, Peter! Love the 80. Be sure to check out 406cruisers.com, which is the local tlca chapter. We have a club member whom has made bumpers, sliders, and skids for many of us. He can also make dresses....if you're into that sort of thing....no judgements!!

Welcome, Peter! Love the 80. Be sure to check out 406cruisers.com, which is the local tlca chapter. We have a club member whom has made bumpers, sliders, and skids for many of us. He can also make dresses....if you're into that sort of thing....no judgements!!

That is great to hear that there is some local bend and weld knowledge. I was planning on buying a welder with the slider money and learning how to weld. I figured sliders might be a good project to learn on. Of course the booger welds might hang me up on rocks and trees. Ha.

From kalispell, living in havre currently. 83 fj60. I travel all over mt. Especially the flathead Valley, greatfalls, Billings, and occasionally missoula.

Welcome to the addiction! Be sure to sign up with 406 Cruisers to join in on the fun. 406cruisers.com. Send your info, and I'll get you added to the mailing list. You can also find all the requirements to join!

Hello,
My name is Brad and my wife and I along with our two very young children recently moved to Hamilton MT from CA. I currently work at All Pro Off Road here in Victor MT. My DD is a 2012 Tacoma w/some mods and I own a 1993 FZJ80 w/Factory e-lockers, center diff lock switch added, OME stock height lift. My wife drives our 2004 4Runner Sport V8 AWD. Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet up with you all in the near future and get out on some trails!

Hello,
My name is Brad and my wife and I along with our two very young children recently moved to Hamilton MT from CA. I currently work at All Pro Off Road here in Victor MT. My DD is a 2012 Tacoma w/some mods and I own a 1993 FZJ80 w/Factory e-lockers, center diff lock switch added, OME stock height lift. My wife drives our 2004 4Runner Sport V8 AWD. Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet up with you all in the near future and get out on some trails!

Welcome! Be sure to check out 406 Cruisers, and become a member. I actually had a good chat with Jon Bundrant today. We will be adding you guys as a sponsor soon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom