4 Wheel Drive Emblem - Orange is the new Black? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PabloCruise

SILVER Star
Threads
Tailgate emblem in use for a number of years had that number "4".

It looks like some years they were black, and some years they were orange. The 4 emblem I got with my Pig has black paint in the recess, but it is quite faded.

I'd like to claen this up and get it back on the tailgate, but I think some nice, new orange would look bangin' on the Nebula Green.

Anyone know what years the 4 was orange? What years was it black?

Thanks!

i can confirm 10/75 and earlier black and 2/77 and later orange, but sketchy in between. the extremely few rear pics i have for years in between are repaints and i don't know that i'd trust them.

Here's a set from a 78 I had
78 4WD 55.jpg

Ha! One episode away from finishing the second season.

No tech other than my 74's is black ;)

on the plus, it confirms the emblems i have for big bros pig are correct :)
IMG_20140228_135130_127.jpg

Looks great with the breath green paint. I bet even better with Nebula green.

I was in Auto Zone the other night getting a fan belt for the wife's car and saw that Dupli-Color pen - Tangier Orange. $14!!! I was not going to whip out plastic just for that, but did not have enough folding $ for the fan belt and paint pen. Next time!

Pablo,

What if you have snapped pins on those emblems? Has anyone written up a fix for this problem?

Pablo,

What if you have snapped pins on those emblems? Has anyone written up a fix for this problem?

If you still have one or two pins left, it will line up on the tailgate. You could perhaps use some emblem adhesive - 3M or other? I think they also make double-sided adhesive tape for emblems that you could use to stick the emblem on...

I was in Auto Zone the other night getting a fan belt for the wife's car and saw that Dupli-Color pen - Tangier Orange. $14!!! I was not going to whip out plastic just for that, but did not have enough folding $ for the fan belt and paint pen. Next time!

I still have some of the orange paint I used on the 4 emblem from the 78.

Pablo,

Look up Butyl tape ... Also called auto glass tape ... It will hold anything... It's black comes in a roll

I have used it on many tlc emblems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom