4" Quik-N-Easy clamps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
is SOR the only people carrying these anymore? The price they're charging seems to be a bit much at what i believe is $45 for two. I need 8 :crybaby:

I've talked to NRS and Altrec, who seem to be the standard retailers for them, and I know HAVE sold the 4" versions in the past, but they do not anymore. I've tried to find a direct contact with quik-n-easy but have came up dry on that note as well.

i'm hoping I dont have to suck it up and buy from sor, the price allready seems a bit steep from them and i can't stand they're bloated mystery shipping prices. they hurt me.

WOW!!! They just jacked up the price on the 4". I just purchased 3 sets on the 18th and they were $37 and change each set. I haven't dealt with SOR in years and I forgot about the "we'll let you know the shipping after you get your visa bill" shipping rates. I needed them right away so I was willing to suffer. Unfortunately all quick-n-easy mount prices are going up. Maybe check out eBay.

You are the man! I gave up after about 10 pages when I searched.

Quik 'n Easy = GOOD.

M

I was able to buy direct from them a few years ago. Good luck.

Dan

Thanks for the link,
I have a pair of those and have kept my eyes open for years to find another pair!

Owyhee Jackass said:
I was able to buy direct from them a few years ago. Good luck.

Dan

You talking about Quick Fists or Quick-N-Easy roof rack clamps???

These are the best

I've used these for years on all sorts of vehicles and they are the best. I kinda hillbilly it and use 2x6", but somedbe ay I will weld up some 1" tube for them. The one advantage of the 2x6 is if you need to change the width of the rack a drill is all you need (I know I know very neck but it has come in handy more than once).

As a bonus if you call up the manufacturer, you'll get the owner of the firm on the phone.

davegonz said:
You talking about Quick Fists or Quick-N-Easy roof rack clamps???

Quick-N-Easy. I've used them for 10-plus years, the 4-inch versions on a first generation 4runner, and a Volvo 740 wagon, and the 6-inch on our 55 and 80. I also have the 1-inch tube clamp that allows them to be used with Yakima and Thule accessories. I don't think I've ever bought a set yet, they came with the racks I purchased second hand. Anytime I've needed spare parts though, I've gotten them direct from the manufacturer.

Dan

Try this one

bkatkinson@adelphia.net

Bill is finishing a rack for my 80 to be delivered at CMCC in two weeks. So far I am very impressed with Bill, nice guy and keeps me up to speed. As far as I can tell he is currently a one man show. Shoot him an email and he he'll get back to you.

Thanks..I got in contact with him today!

I have been looking for a way to mount a shovel and axe to my roof rack. Is this what these would be used for and can you trust them to not drop a shovel on the freeway at 60mph? If you do use them on roof racks are they weather proof? I am in Arizona and the sun can destroy rubber in the summer very quickly.

LCconvert said:
I have been looking for a way to mount a shovel and axe to my roof rack. Is this what these would be used for and can you trust them to not drop a shovel on the freeway at 60mph? If you do use them on roof racks are they weather proof? I am in Arizona and the sun can destroy rubber in the summer very quickly.

they hold up great. I use them everyday (open and close) on my survey truck. I'm on the coast of SC so we get plenty of sun around here also. The quickfists are worth every penny.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=69102&stc=1&d=1145627088

this thread really has nothing to do with quickfists :popcorn:

i ended up never even calling quik-n-easy to see if they had any 4 inchers, i ended up finding 8 of the 6" versions on the seattle craigslist, combined cost was 40 shipped to my door so, cheap enough to try out. if anything when i make the rack i'll mount the cross bars on the underside of the mounts to keep the profile a little lower.

What model are you mounting them on?

When I test fit the 4" on my 80 I had about 5/8" space between the bar and the roof. You're better off having a couple more inches. size matters!!!! :grinpimp:

it's on a 60. yeah, the 4s would have been close, the 6s give a pretty outrageously huge gap on the other hand on these models. i think by mounting on the bottom of them as opposed to the top though oughta work out pretty well, bout two inches or so for clearance. allthough with 1x2 steel crossbars, i don't think i'll have to worry much about the sagging :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom