Drawer System or No Drawer System (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I own one of the companies doing it. 😆

The machining doesn't add up to much on the cnc. Each one of those holes takes maybe 7 seconds to cut out. My machine spits out a sheet on average in six minutes cutting out cabinet parts. Those parts took a while, but I had some profiling toolpaths in there too that are slow.

It's amazing how much less stuff gets damaged when it's lighter. A few years ago I started trimming weight out of things when I could, and in some cases even adding handles cut into the parts to make it easier to carry. Sometimes you just build a giant beast and you're f'd through and through....

Its cool how much things have changed with CNC cutting and 3d modelling.

Just yesterday i was showing my project manager how to use a contractor's 3d models to review shop drawings for approval along with the 2d detail drawings.
I regularly ask for IFC files for complex stuff. So much easier/faster to review stuff when you have a model you can orbit through from any angle or section.

So much easier/faster to review stuff when you have a model you can orbit through from any angle or section.

Exactly. When the architect has some bat**** stupid idea that makes zero sense on a page, but semi makes sense in 3D, but still isn't executable in the field. 🤣

I do a lot in printed parts (mostly SLS Nylon 12 GF) and it is so nice to be able to toss all of the "How are we going to make this" concerns out the window and just design exactly what we need. When I see a new hire design an obviously machined part the same way I just shake my head.

I tend to use the sectioning slide bar progressively in all three planes to look for the oopsies.

. . . makes zero sense on a page, but semi makes sense in 3D, but still isn't executable in the field. 🤣

If you know, you know!!

We build the impossible every day, miracles take longer!

When clients or architects ask if an impossible change order can be done, favourite answer is "sure, if someone gives us enough time and money, everything is possible!"

"You can have it fast. You can have it cheap. You can have it high quality. Pick Two"
-- Tom Ritchey, MTB Hall of Famer

My buddy just built this for his 4runner. Thought it was pretty sweet. He sleeps in his RTT and lets his German Shepard sleep in the cabin. But his dog would sometimes get to his gear and cause some havoc lol. Now his dog has a separate place to sleep and his gear is packed away and organized. What do you guys think?
1699332337027.jpeg

1699332287271.jpeg

1699332365502.jpeg

1699332414757.jpeg

I have only recently gotten into the drawer system game, but outside of losing the third row, I cant imagine any of the negatives being so cumbersome that I would want to remove it. The utility it provides is fantastic! and I find loading groceries on top of it very adequate, in fact it reduces the need to open the lower tailgate when simple loading and unloading of groceries.

I prefer stackable totes - half height so I don't have to dig around. Can take everything out when not needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom