3spd t-case to 4spd tranny (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a '79 fj40, I am planning to put a 3spd t-case on the 4spd tranny. But I need a pinion, I dont know where to get it. It has to have the inner part of the 4spd trannys axle and the outer part of the 3spd t-case. I know it exist, however I dont know where to get it.

Just use the 4sp transfer case. It isn't worth the trouble just for a 15% lower low range. You want 200% lower to make a difference.

I've got a '79 fj40, I am planning to put a 3spd t-case on the 4spd tranny. But I need a pinion, I dont know where to get it. It has to have the inner part of the 4spd trannys axle and the outer part of the 3spd t-case. I know it exist, however I dont know where to get it.

Pinion?

Are you talking about the transfer case input gear that rides on the 16 spline output shaft of your four-speed transmission that has the correct teeth to mate up with the three-speed transfer case gear set?

These can be found from many a vendor out here...

However, I agree with Charlie;

Just use the 4sp transfer case. It isn't worth the trouble just for a 15% lower low range. You want 200% lower to make a difference.

The very minimal gearing you gain is not worth the screwing around to get it.

:meh:

Yes, that is the gear that I need, I'm from ecuador, and here it is difficult to find parts, I broke my 4spd t case (3rd time), and the only case I got is the 3spd, so I'm forced to use it. Where can I find it, and order online, so I can have my tlc running again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom