3FE Passenger motor mount removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have looked/poked/prodded from a few angles to try to get ahold of the top nut on the passenger side motor mount with no luck. I'm pinched between the mount and the AC compressor/bracket and only access seems to be through wheel well. Any tips? Other motor mount bolts are off. To verify, do I only need to remove the motor mount bolts, jack engine, twist out mounts, and replace, or do mounting brackets need to be removed?

You need too unbolt the drivers side. And unbolt the trans crossmember bolts.
So that you can get more lift out the engine.

So, I am back on it this weekend. I was able to get the passenger mount out and a new one in place. It looks like the engine shifted slightly once things were loose and the bolt holes from frame to engine bracket don't line up directly. I thought maybe lowering the engine would shift them back in place, but no. Any suggestions? I am about a full bolt diameter off.

More info - It is the driver side mount that is the issue. The passenger is new and threaded in engine bracket and frame bracket. The driver side motor mount bottom bolt is too far back (3/8" maybe) toward the transmission to slide into the frame bracket.

With a lot of up and down and up and down to find the right engine elevation at which to pry at it, I finally got it. What a SOB. That was supposed to be an easy one. Lesson learned - make sure your working surface is level and your jacking point is level for a job like that. I was on a flat section of driveway... but I guess is wasn't flat enough.

With a lot of up and down and up and down to find the right engine elevation at which to pry at it, I finally got it. What a SOB. That was supposed to be an easy one. Lesson learned - make sure your working surface is level and your jacking point is level for a job like that. I was on a flat section of driveway... but I guess is wasn't flat enough.
I had the same issue when I replaced mine. Engine shifted back. Definitely a frustrating job but hopefully not needed again for a loooong time . ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom