Anyone Has Any Passenger Side Doors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lady crashed my truck with her lexus. Truck won but my doors are scrunched. Wondering if anyone has some doors?

Or is the front fixable? Maybe a dentless guy? The metal is so thin.

Advice about the rocker?

Thanks!

IMG_3023.jpeg

IMG_3021.jpeg
IMG_3022.jpeg

And the lexus:

IMG_3006.jpeg

why replace? find an old school body man, turn 'im loose on it. i'm gonna say you'll be hard pressed to find something as rustfree as that seems to be. the rocker? a total non-issue in my world.
now you can wheel the truck, it's the first dent that hurts, after that it matters not :flipoff2:

You could remove the door cards at the interior and use a rubber mallet against the creased metal, then use a dead blow hammer technique to knock the metal out. Where the dent is near the door edge it will be more difficult as the inner skin of the door interferes; it could be driven out with a shaped piece of wood propped into that area. Old school auto body work could involve a dent puller on the rocker panel.
The metal at the rocker is thicker than the metal at the door.

Thanks guys.

I have a nasty blue truck for wheeling. This one is nice and I want it to stay that way.

I called all the recommended repair places and none will touch it, too old, not in system, etc, etc. They really want to repair lexus - its already getting fixed while I wait for callbacks and bad news.

I'm now asking for permission to find and go to a quality body shop that can use a hammer. Dentless repair place, etc.

Luckily car is drivable so time is on my side.

Your doors are perfect in my book! You should see what I had to deal with. I'd say any decent shop should be able to make those look like nothing happened.

@zakthor , who's permission do you need for shop of your choice? or is insurance being dicks? up here, in ontario can. we can tell insurance 'f%$k you, this is the shop that's going to be doing the work'. i hope it's the same for you. in your locale, do you know any old school, old guy hotrodders? they'd be a good lead for an old school body guy
by the way, what @micruz60 suggested for repair is easily doable, get after it yourself n pocket the insurance $$$. that would be my route of action

Good thread for tips and tricks of the trade.

I finally got a quote from an shop… amount is absurd.

Insurance estimate is $2600 which is well short of estimate. But regardless of whether their insurance can bridge that gap - i just dont think its right to spend that much. Its not a ferrari. Yeah im giving their insurance a break. Im naive like that.

Visiting an actual panel beating hot rod shop this afternoon.

I think i just need to find some doors and replace.

Folks need to be paid for their time but the amounts given are nuts. Glad im not an insurance company, whoever owns these bodyshops must have big boat payments.

I finally got a quote from an shop… amount is absurd.

Insurance estimate is $2600 which is well short of estimate. But regardless of whether their insurance can bridge that gap - i just dont think its right to spend that much. Its not a ferrari. Yeah im giving their insurance a break. Im naive like that.

Visiting an actual panel beating hot rod shop this afternoon.

I think i just need to find some doors and replace.

Folks need to be paid for their time but the amounts given are nuts. Glad im not an insurance company, whoever owns these bodyshops must have big boat payments.
so you found an old schoolish body shop? that's a step in the right direction. let us know what they say

deleted

so you found an old schoolish body shop? that's a step in the right direction. let us know what they say

It is as close to one as I've found so far. They can work with their hands. But they work on fancy cars too: Lamborghini Uros?

They say $3600. It's a bit more than the insurance estimate but I think I'm going to just do it. Just getting the dents out of the rocker and repainting it was $900. That rocker repair is a thing I couldn't do (without filler :) )

The other place wanted $9800 which is just offensive.

Sure would rather just buy some old doors and paint them myself.

I think I have a few, hit me up if you are anywhere near southern California and want to pick them up. Ditto for anyone else. If memory serves me correctly I have a front passenger, and both rear doors in metallic grey or blue grey

About the doors.. well im in seattle not socal. I heard greyhound stopped shipping. Whats the door condition? And price? Might be worth shipping up here.

Can you post pics?

About the doors.. well im in seattle not socal. I heard greyhound stopped shipping. Whats the door condition? And price? Might be worth shipping up here.

Can you post pics?
Where are you at on this?

0DF10639-E531-4F98-AD16-96FD5F84B2F8.jpeg

I see Washington state plates on that Lexus. These 60s series doors are located in Chehalis, Washington. Even comes with free graffiti🤣😆🤣

Just food for thought. If you're wanting to keep your truck nice and pretty, I'd fix the doors you have as any replacements you find in the same color will likely not match perfectly and it will be obvious they've been replaced. On trucks this old, the fading and oxidation of the paint is rarely consistent between trucks.

Wow! Ive pinged the facebook seller.

I ve got a problem with their insurance. Their rates are literally half what anyone here charges. Lots of email and phone calls. Literally found 3 shops to do the work, cheapest is 6k.

None of their network shops will even touch it.

So straight doors would make everything easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom