3FE Owners Check-In (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lookin good, Man! Clean rig. 211k is nothing - ought to last you for a long while.

:beer:

Hello All,

New to FJ80s and Ih8mud.com. I was out cruising around and found a 1991 FJ80 and I had to have it. It has 211k Miles and needs a water pump but picked it up for 2600 and it is in fairly good shape. I plan on doing the water pump in a week or so. It is a toy and I cant wait to get it running great so I can throw and a mild lift on and get some 35s.

Doug
Sacramento CA

Score for $2600! I got my 97' recently with 163k in immaculate stock condition for 9k but couldn't handle the lowrider look and added an OME lift and the new Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 tires in 35's on XD125 wheels. Rides and looks 10x better.

Wasilla, Alaska
It was the :princess: rig, then she gave it the middle boy
no engine mods at all, just general maintenance and a new water pump and radiator. I will be doing a desmog and replacing the smog pump with a GM alt shortly
I've done OME heavy lift with spacers in the front, ARB bumper, Safari snorkel, and 37 old school Mtr's, this summer it will get 5.29 gears with Toyota E-locker in the front and powertrax in the rear.
DSC_3909.JPG

I love the setup. The front bumper looks awesome! What size lift is that from ome? 2.5?
Yes, OME medium rate coils front/back with 10mm OME trim packer spacers up front which I'm about to swap with 25mm Slee ones to make it more level with the rear. I think if I didn't have the Slee front bumper, it would sit just right with what I have now.

3fe

Engine rebuilt, ironman, ome 2.5 with 33" revo's, snorkeled, 12,500#, pioneer tunes, Monstalined

image.jpg

Last edited:
1992 FJ80 3FE
175k miles
31" ATs

I'm 16 and it's my daily driver for now. So to keep my mpg in the double digits, no crazy builds...yet.

Did PO transplant a 3fe in your 94? ;)

Your LC should have the 1fz/fe engine.

I am learning to. LOL... If not for IH8MUD I wouldn't even know what I had.

What do you mean this isn't a Range Rover!?!?

1992 FJ80, Bought in LA an had shipped to MI last fall.
Rebuilt Birfs
New Brakes
Rear U-Joints
Now the motivation for finally joining forum....head gasket let loose at 200k and going completly through the engine :worms:!
1992 landcruiser.jpg

I bought this 1992 FJ80 in February for my oldest son and think I forgot to post it here? Anway, overall it is a very solid southern truck with no rust and 200K on the clock. It came with the 17" Sequoia rims which are in great shape, but I would rather have a set of FZJ80 16's. The truck had wornout mismatched tires so I had a set of Cooper Adventurer A/T's in 265/70R17 I found on sale for $500 with a rebate. I scrubbed the sh#t out of it inside and out, installed a new battery, changed all the fluids (except antifreeze), tightened a bunch of loose bolts, removed the running boards and that beautiful brush guard on the front, added factory front mud flaps, replaced the hood and rear hatch lift struts, replaced the broken saggy driver side sun visor, repacked the front wheel bearings and put on new OEM front brake rotors and pads, replaced the fuel filter which was a major pita to get to, cleaned and lubed the door channels and switches, etc. Lots of little things that probably didn't need to be done, but he goes to school thousands of miles away and I don't want him to have any issues. We have put almost 9,000 miles on the truck since February! It has been from Alabama to Michigan, Iowa, Colorado, Texas, Idaho and is now back in Alabama for about a month. So far we have not had a single issue other than a cracked windshield from a rock on the interstate and a dead (new) battery after my daughter left the lights on all night. While it's "home" I plan to flush the radiator and install a new thermostat, get the windshield replaced, fix the rear hatch lock that won't lock or unlock??, replace the fuel sock/screen, and figure out why the A/C doesn't work. It blows nice and hot! I'll also look around for any other small items that might require some PM. Here is a before shot (the frozen one from the Atlanta ice storm!) and an after shot that is not 100% current.

1992 LC when purchased.jpg
92 LC.jpg

3fe

Engine rebuilt, ironman, ome 2.5 with 33" revo's, snorkeled, 12,500#, pioneer tunes, Monstalined

What are the extra lights in your bumper? Looks like you've got two rectangles, two roundies. What are they and would you use them again?

Looks good, I dig that flat red....

What are the extra lights in your bumper? Looks like you've got two rectangles, two roundies. What are they and would you use them again?

Looks good, I dig that flat red....

Thanks bro, appreciate the props on the color - it's actually Momstaliner. The tint is monstashade called blood bath.

The bumper is an ironman deluxe out of Aussie & it comes with the lights.

M32H32is
  • "blood bath" - awesome
  • lights included in bumper - awesome (my very low priority quest for some lights for my ARB is going slow...)
  • hunting & fishing base camp - awesome
life is good!

3FE
211,000 KM
A440F
JDM version
Factory Lockers (bwahaha)
Rear spare carrier
Fridge Console (needs A/C recharge)
Rear A/C (^^^)
Factory Winch

Picked this girl up for cheap. Bean beaten to hell but I wanted a project and I sure got one...

4" OME lift, ARB front bumper and sliders, nasty looking (in my opinion) Dick Cepek rims.

IMG_0602.JPG

IMG_0606.JPG

IMG_0607.JPG

Once she gets fixed up a bit I'm planning on installing a sub tank. I'm sure there are guys here that can source a tank for a good price?

:cheers:

Hi everyone,

Like many others, I've been 'lurking' on IH8MUD for a long time before joining. What a fantastic resource this is!
Anyway, here's my 3FE; bone stock & likely to stay that way mostly. Found on eBay in June 2013 with less than a day left & one lonely bidder (likely the owner submitting his min price). I did a CARFAX & found nothing hokey there, the pics looked great so I pulled the trigger on it. Got it with my first bid & it was worth every bit of it. Had just over 200k when I got it. No service history. I baselined the fluids & undercoated it immediately & just put on a set of Grabber AT's (highly recommend these skins!), there's a birf rebuild in the near future with new shocks all round as well. LED bulbs done all round as well as John Deere headlight bulbs. Rear seats pulled with two kennels installed & wire racks over them for storage. Clearcoat on the hood was peeling so I used vinyl to cover it - then I got carried away & did the beltline. I'll stop now - promise!
I use it for hauling my vintage trailer as well as my hovercraft. Occasional off-roading but mostly dog carrying & toy hauling in & around Canada's Atlantic Provinces.
P1090063.JPG
P1090238.JPG
P1090312.JPG
P1090316.JPG

Been on the 80's form for about a year now. Just joining 3FE. 1997 40th addition with 130k. Purchased a year ago and been in progress. Changed Fluids, exhaust manifold gasket, added dual batteries, that is only only engine compartment work to date. Want to know some good options for getting her to pick up speed a little faster, just not sure where to start that gives me the most bang for the buck. Would also consider a swap to a 2UZ-FE, If anyone has experience with that......

Thanks, Will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom