3FE Owners Check-In (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took the 80 out to Devil's Bridge in Sedona last weekend with some friends. Start of the trail was pretty smooth, but further up it got pretty rocky with some steep sections until we reached the foot trailhead, 29" highway tires still got the job done lol!

2B7BFD53-B926-4DA5-8A43-837EE85C0BC6.jpeg

Does anyone know what this relay is and/or what the blue wire is?? Just got around to pulling the dash off to replace some plastics and don’t like the look of this. Hmmm

C3489982-F83B-44AA-B9DC-02DE2CCA3B50.jpeg

975DA592-34D7-4563-A20A-71D01B03E72D.jpeg

FA18FB32-F9C2-4D08-8B9D-5360CC88A20B.jpeg

B9902630-B6C2-4806-9719-DFAAD6CC8D0C.jpeg

Any 3FE front caliper advice from the group? I either have a blown hose or a leaking piston. I might just order a hose first to see. Dealer says that Toyota reman are back ordered. I assume all the reman come from the same source so maybe just do the NAPA thing and hope for the best.

Last edited:
I recently replaced both front calipers with remanufactured Raybestos ones from RockAuto when I changed my worn out pads. They were cheap and are working pretty well so far. I also replaced all my soft brake lines because the outside rubber was cracked on them. Pretty happy with it so far (it has been only 2 months since replacement). You can also try rebuilding the calipers with a rebuild kit (either Toyota or aftermarket). Overall, replacing the lines and calipers were simple jobs to do.

I recently replaced both front calipers with remanufactured Raybestos ones from RockAuto when I changed my worn out pads. They were cheap and are working pretty well so far. I also replaced all my soft brake lines because the outside rubber was cracked on them. Pretty happy with it so far (it has been only 2 months since replacement). You can also try rebuilding the calipers with a rebuild kit (either Toyota or aftermarket). Overall, replacing the lines and calipers were simple jobs to do.

Thank you good to know. I usually try to go with OEM but they could not give me an ETA. Going to just start disassembling and clean and inspect as I go. Might be a good time to do two calipers, pads, lines while I have it apart.

Does anyone know what this plug is for? I just picked up a 91 LC and I have this unused plug. Been searching online for about 3 hours now and I can't figure it out.

Left hand Drive, driver side of engine bay, on top of wheel well.

7CAF8E3E-712C-4586-81C3-4EED8A9DBEDE_1_201_a.jpeg

I don’t know what it does, but if it helps mine is unplugged as well. I just replaced my washer bottle and saw it in the same group of wires.

[QUOTE = "TacoTuesday94, сообщение: 13314520, участник: 172603"]
Кто-нибудь знает, для чего нужен этот штекер? Я только что взял 91 LC, и у меня есть неиспользованный штекер. Искал в Интернете около 3 часов, и я не могу понять.

Левый привод, со стороны водителя в моторном отсеке, над колесной аркой.

View attachment 2411602
[/ QUOTE]
это похоже на разъем для кулера (мотор охлаждения за фарой) системы EGR

Hello,
I just joined the 3FE club week before last. it is not pretty but it was cheap:
TszWc3w.jpg

HLnUdLe.jpg

Lfcx23N.jpg

I am in progress of tuning up the engine, I know not to expect speed or MPG I just want a reliable rig to explore the cascades with my 3 girls.
will probably just tune up, deflare, add spartan to the rear I already have, finish the front winch bumper and install the winch and maybe rattle can the whole truck Tan. keep the camping gear in the back so I can throw the kids and beer in go out explore.

Thanks everyone on here in advance for the wealth of knowledge on this board for these trucks. I have been studying up on the 3fe and fj80 knowledge and this site really made me lean to this vs a 4runner or etc due to the information on this site and access to it. well besides the fact that I already have the LandCruiser bug.

Picked up a 80 series with the 3FE for my son. It had some engine issues when I bought it. It seemed like it may be a head gasket but when I pulled the cover off the top I noticed the #4 push rod was bent. Any of you gurus have any pointers on this? My current plan is to remove the head, will be done tomorrow when I get a cherry picker over to the house to lift it up. The cam side of the push rod did not look scratched so I am hoping when I get the head off I can get to the bottom of the issue. If I have to rebuild the motor then we will get it done. Hoping to just get head serviced and replace the push rod and all gaskets. Thoughts? We are in Central Florida, Lake Wales area.

Sometimes when the valves are so loose a rod will get bent.

You might get lucky replace the bad push rod and doing a good valve adjustment

Good luck
I am going to pull the head to see how the cylinders look at this point. I have removed everything from the head including head bolts. Just need to pull it up with a cherry picker or chain hoist. I hope that is all I need besides a quick service on the head. Fingers crossed!

Hello all. Picked up my first toyota land cruiser (1992) back in July and have been reading threads here on the forum since but finally made an account. She has 250k miles but runs and drives great with no rust. So far the only thing I've done was replace the evaporator, got the a/c going, and checked compression (all in the 140's). I went ahead and picked up a FSM. Next thing is tires. I plan on keeping the car mostly original (nothing I can't undo). Also planning on road tripping with it across the US this coming year.

92 fj.jpg

Anyone have any experience with these calipers?

They're supposed to be new from rockauto and not remans.

Anyone have any experience with these calipers?

They're supposed to be new from rockauto and not remans.

I had considered those recently when replacing mine. In the end I went with Raybestos because they had a longer warranty period and I didn't need the extra coating (nor would I be able to confirm they are actually new or where they were manufactured). My remanufactured ones looked pretty good and are okay so far.

I had considered those recently when replacing mine. In the end I went with Raybestos because they had a longer warranty period and I didn't need the extra coating (nor would I be able to confirm they are actually new or where they were manufactured). My remanufactured ones looked pretty good and are okay so far.

Cool - did you have to send the cores back? Or did they offer some kind of prepaid shipping label to get the cores back. I'm just considering the cost of getting the cores back to them as well too.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom