3FE Owners Check-In (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Come to the dark side Marco :)

I have done LS swap in my FD3s (rx-7) before and regretted it. This time, i prefer reliability over speed, and the 3FE has exceeded my expectation so far. My recent trlp with family and friends all pilled up in the 80 for 3 nights of camping with 4 ppl is more than capable and need nothing else. My rig weight in @ 7000 lbs too
rD5ymJH.jpg

I hear ya. I just don’t want to spend an arm and a leg for parts when I can go to a local store to get them for cheaper..

Keeping it mainly stock for long term reliability.. start looking for more power and you’ll find more reliability problems no matter what platform it’s on.

Well... soon I’ll be leaving the 3FE..... LS is on its way...

Are you doing the swap yourself, or will a shop do it? Also, do you have a sense of MPGs that people are getting with LS swaps?

I hear ya. I just don’t want to spend an arm and a leg for parts when I can go to a local store to get them for cheaper..

Keeping it mainly stock for long term reliability.. start looking for more power and you’ll find more reliability problems no matter what platform it’s on.
keep us posted on your swap. good luck =)

I needed the v8 because I pull trailers and some of that is mountain passes of 10,000ft or so. It's easy to do a quick bare bones ls swap. However i found a quick swap can be clunky. Takes forethought to make a LS fairly integrated as if it was stock. Such as having all the bells and whistles like AC, stock shifter, emissions, cruise, shift lights etc all work. That takes forever. But makes it much more enjoyable to drive in the long run. When I bought mine with the LS installed it was a very basic install. You can expect 11 to 16mpg out of a LS.
20171120_141411-756x1008.jpg

Hi new to the 3FE.. wanted to get a land cruiser and well they’re getting harder to find so I picked up a 91 with a few mods but needs some maintenance which parts are on the way. EGR delete kit on its way. Oil leak kit from wits on its way as well. Going to get new cap and rotor.. basic tune up parts. Luckily this isn’t my daily as I have a 5th gen 4runner so I can have downtime on the LC. I just gotta remind myself in the long run it’s going to have a heart transplant.. see what my option are when that time comes.
Anyhow was looking under the vehicle and saw this sensor not hooked up on the driver side trans... best I could come up with is for the cruise control. Thanks 🤙🏾

View attachment 2293935
I’m not 100% sure what it is but when my Wholesale Automatics tranny went in the new tranny didnt have the harness on it. My cruise control stopped working long ago but since I dont use it much I dont worry.

Who here has replaced their fuel pump, and how difficult was it?

Not hard at all. Its under the back seat. Pull the negative battery cable. Pull the pump out of the tank and change. ****YO**** be very very careful of the float. Take the pump out slowly and put it back in slowly. Check the wires going to the pump an make sure they are not rubbing on the bracket. If the old pump is still operational then keep it as a back up. Also, replace the sock on the bottom of the pump. My OCD had me calculate up when the low fuel light comes on so I absolutely know how much range I have left. These trucks are thirsty and especially if you're built up you need to be sure you're tracking miles right.

Not hard at all. Its under the back seat. Pull the negative battery cable. Pull the pump out of the tank and change. ****YO**** be very very careful of the float. Take the pump out slowly and put it back in slowly. Check the wires going to the pump an make sure they are not rubbing on the bracket. If the old pump is still operational then keep it as a back up. Also, replace the sock on the bottom of the pump. My OCD had me calculate up when the low fuel light comes on so I absolutely know how much range I have left. These trucks are thirsty and especially if you're built up you need to be sure you're tracking miles right.

Thanks.

3fe pullys!!! Well ladies and gents, I have been trying to solve a minor bit of noise from the drive belts and found the bearings (29yo/225k miles) were worn out!!! Turns out they all run the same bearing, two in special places!!!

20200616_193730.jpg

20200616_193733.jpg

20200615_184836.jpg

anyone running aftermarket fuel pumps? I am interested in hearing pros and cons on OEM vs aftermarket.

TIA

I am having mine replaced right now as a matter of preventative maintenance. Since the original has lasted nearly 30 years without failing, I went with OEM again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom