3FE Owners Check-In (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys I’ve got an issue that’s driving me crazy and feel it’s 3fe specific and search is not giving me anything-

I have an iternitent fuel issue/. From time to time it’s like someone reached in and unplugged a plug wire going down the road. Power cuts and it feels like it’s starving for fuel.

So far I have done:

Full tune up
Fuel filter
Replaced all vacum lines
And fuel pressure regulator

I have a new set of injectors along the way-

Any ideas???

Hey guys I’ve got an issue that’s driving me crazy and feel it’s 3fe specific and search is not giving me anything-

I have an iternitent fuel issue/. From time to time it’s like someone reached in and unplugged a plug wire going down the road. Power cuts and it feels like it’s starving for fuel.

So far I have done:

Full tune up
Fuel filter
Replaced all vacum lines
And fuel pressure regulator

I have a new set of injectors along the way-

Any ideas???
EFI relay most likely, mine was doing the same thing

Has anyone put together a (2fe) to swap in place of their 3fe? I just found out I have access to a complete 2fe from my dads old 40 that he sbc swapped. I'm wonder if it could be a smog legal engine swap option that doesnt cost about the same as a rebuild.

Anybody else get annoyed when the smog tech clamps the vaccum line going to the distributor to prevent vaccum advance while idling?

I’ve swapped out efi relays a couple times , maybe wiring?
There is an inlet screen on the fuel pump in the tank that can become restricted. Access cover requires removal of rear seats. Did mine 10 yrs ago, same issue, never had a problem since. Very cheap part very tedious and frustrating job. EFI relay—I carry a cooled down spare at all times. Never went for the wire change from the T1 terminal though because the relay swap is too easy and hasn’t bugged me enough yet.

There is an inlet screen on the fuel pump in the tank that can become restricted. Access cover requires removal of rear seats. Did mine 10 yrs ago, same issue, never had a problem since. Very cheap part very tedious and frustrating job. EFI relay—I carry a cooled down spare at all times. Never went for the wire change from the T1 terminal though because the relay swap is too easy and hasn’t bugged me enough yet.

95210508-7745-413D-8902-77E93603A5EF.jpeg

Replaced it all no change, workin on injectors now-

I've got a question about power steering.

My power steering belt squeals and slips every now and then. Mainly making sharper turns out of parking spots. The belt feels pretty tight currently. Should I tighten it a bit more or is there another issue that could be causing it?
belt tension should be not too far off from the other auxiliary belts. take the longest span and you should be able to flex the belt within 1" or so. Otherwise, the PS pump bearings is shot.

Actually, they don't have the EGR. It was shown as available, I ordered it, then several days later was refunded. They've since updated the website to say (like others) that it's out of production.
They did the same thing to me on the Trans Dust Seal.

Question about my A/C compressor- I've looked through a bunch of threads and am more confused. Sunday got a high pitched squeal suddenly from it followed by a burning smell and smoke. Turn off A/C it ends. Replace clutch? Bearing rebuild? Or bite the bullet and replace whole thing? Thoughts on sourcing the part? I've found a lot of aftermarket.

92 FJ80 237k on the clock, one owner dentist around Indy I bought 2 years ago, never looked back, bone stock for now. Love this truck !! Amazed by how capable a 4x4 it really is.
future plans ? Keep it running having some issue with starting up then dieing after a few minutes, frustrating as hell, replaced EFI relay and did the wire repair I read on the forum, no dice still doing it but checking some other stuff as well. Currently building front and rear bumpers files are on the plasma table just haven’t cut them out yet, did a custom safari rack haven’t put it on yet. Being in the rust belt this is what I spend most of my time on...still at it 😬👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom