3FE Owners Check-In

The ad is gone. What was the asking price? Just sold my 62 for $14K and my 80 now has 107K mi.
Further examination shows that I think it is a 92 that I almost purchased a few years ago in South Dakota. It was a Frankman Motors. Same seat repair, headlight washer attachment???, radio and trim. Miles make sense as well. I would have to see a car fax to prove it. Very nice rig. I think they fixed the seat and painted the flares up north. Dealer in Texas removed the decals on the sides.

Frankman Motors Ad from years ago.

1992 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80 4x4 For Sale - 120,133 Miles $11,975

Further examination shows that I think it is a 92 that I almost purchased a few years ago in South Dakota. It was a Frankman Motors. Same seat repair, headlight washer attachment???, radio and trim. Miles make sense as well. I would have to see a car fax to prove it. Very nice rig. I think they fixed the seat and painted the flares up north. Dealer in Texas removed the decals on the sides.

Frankman Motors Ad from years ago.

1992 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80 4x4 For Sale - 120,133 Miles $11,975
Oh yeah it's the same truck. Even the fuse panel to the left of the steering wheel is missing the door.

Oh yeah it's the same truck. Even the fuse panel to the left of the steering wheel is missing the door.
it is a nice truck. I really liked it at the time. History looked good to me at the time. Minnesota plates. It had a University of Central Forida college decal on the back window. The story seemed to check out. Frankman handles some pretty unique stuff. I found an email from 2016 that has the trade in photos prior to seat repair, from bumper repair, and detailing. It was a strait rig with a pretty clean history. Someone really spent some time and money on it and cleaned it up to a high level. Its in Texas so someone tinted the windows. Probably a good idea in Texas. If is is mechanically sound that price is not too far off. Hard to restore an early FJ80 and get to this level.

Last edited:
3FE owner checking in, just bought a 92 last night for $3000. 176k. Lots of stuff to fix and work on. but I drove it ~25 miles to work on the free way and she chugged along at 75mph with no problems.

I have my 91 for over 4 yrs now, bought it when it was bone stock. Now in retrospect, i would never buy a 4.5L rig just simply because i have seen way too many 1fz-fe with blown head gaskets. The statistic don't lie. The 3FE is bulletproof. not perfect, but with the same base lining and preventive maintenance, it is much more reliable than the 1fe-fe. It is slighly slower, but regearing, desmog, advanced timing, etc. can make up alot. In conclusion, i am very happy with my choice and would not do anything different.

I have my 91 for over 4 yrs now, bought it when it was bone stock. Now in retrospect, i would never buy a 4.5L rig just simply because i have seen way too many 1fz-fe with blown head gaskets. The statistic don't lie. The 3FE is bulletproof. not perfect, but with the same base lining and preventive maintenance, it is much more reliable than the 1fe-fe. It is slighly slower, but regearing, desmog, advanced timing, etc. can make up alot. In conclusion, i am very happy with my choice and would not do anything different.
I think the 3F-E is under rated in the land cruiser community and they're generally a better deal.

GreatWhtCrewmax

SILVER Star
Has anybody experienced weird issue with the cardon refurbished afm? I'm getting a weird surge just off idle after I put it in, but it runs better everywhere else

Just purchased a '91 with 158K. Its stock right now bout to dig into it and see what all i really want to do to it. It's my first LC ever so I am pretty excited.

Just purchased a 91’ as well. 160k miles. The 3FE wouldn’t be my first choice to be honest, but for a 100% rust free, 2x owner, with a spotless interior I’ll learn to cope with my life choices haha. It’s just getting really hard to find non-ragged out trucks for “reasonable” money.

Hi there, I am checking in from Metro Detroit in Michigan. Have a 1991 3fe now for the last 7 years having bought it with 175K miles for ~$5K. It has 180K on it now and is still stock. I'm the 2nd owner. Previous owner kept it on his ranch in Montana. It had a clunk in the drivetrain when I bought it and it still has the clunk. The clunk is hard to duplicate under power but is loud when shifting from drive to reverse and park. I've greased the splines and the U-joints a few times and no change. Thinking about trying to isolate the driveshafts to see if that's the issue but not sure how to do that exactly. And, I'm getting old and not easy to get underneath this thing anymore. If anyone knows a great mechanic who is familiar with these trucks in the Detroit area or within a couple hundred miles please let me know. Thanks, Bob Nancarrow

Last edited:
Top Bottom