3FE Owners Check-In (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks. So no plug and play options, replacing the box I already have?
As far as I know, it's the easiest way that I know, umm maybe someone else might know of something else, but that box is a converter box , it is for cars that have separate turn signals because trailers have intagrated turn signals and it won't work without it

Last edited:
But I have been thinking, the p/o probably didn't wire it correctly, I would look up a diagram and double check that the wires are plugged in correctly, also my cruiser's wires were so old on the outside of the truck that they broke I would just put my hands on the wire and trace it back to the box
Happy Cruisin'

Hi Folks,
1991 FJ80
181,000 miles on 33x12.5x8 Hankook ATs
Lots of little (and/or big things) to work on.
Got 8.5 MPG on my first tank. Idle also runs high in Park and Neutral (about 1,200 RPM) compared to other gears.

View attachment 1920232
I have a 1991 80 with 180,775 miles on 33's in the white variety. With an extremely similar brush guard and original roof rack. Weird.

You get one of those shiny aluminum ones youre still getting some serious bling points. My what appears to be stock is still hanging in there. Paints mostly gone off the copper/brass head.
Mine is the original Toyota one and held together with grey rtv silicone but it holds lol 😂😂

15542272832173085159374014323633.jpg

Replaced the fuel filler pipe. A bit of a PITA but I can now fill up without leaving fuel behind.. no pics, vent line was Swiss cheese and frame bracket bolts broke off and had to be drilled and tapped, pipe got cut to do the install. My next 80 will not be one from the rust belt.

Replaced the fuel filler pipe. A bit of a PITA but I can now fill up without leaving fuel behind.. no pics, vent line was Swiss cheese and frame bracket bolts broke off and had to be drilled and tapped, pipe got cut to do the install. My next 80 will not be one from the rust belt.
yeah it helps to have a southern or south western truck, mine has never left Tennessee and i still have broken a few bolts

Cleaned the IAC, there was a thick coating of carbon. Took care of my rough idle at startup, but not the intermittent cut out or occasional super high rpms at start up, then hard starting condition. Got a code 22 and 42. Coolant temp sensor is on order and a new alternator as back up. New speedo cable will hopefully take care of the code 42. Based on previous threads these issues can take a while to sort out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom