3FE Owners Check-In (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like I am going to have to replace the alternator (reman) on my 91. Any suggestions? Bosch, ACDelco, etc? Thanks for the input.
My friend had his rebuilt at a local alternator and starter repair shop and his has been going strong for about 10 years now, I would go this route if you have an original Toyota alternator just so you can keep your original Toyota alternator

I got a remaned unit from rockauto a year and half ago. Still going strong for now. Honestly got tired of researching it and just settled. So far so good.

Welcome dude, post a pic if you have one

Thanks! Bought her in July and have been lurking around here since. Just got around to introducing her.

View attachment 1893234

1120181037_HDR.jpg

Thanks! Bought her in July and have been lurking around here since. Just got around to introducing her.

View attachment 1893234
Heck yeah, that's a beaut ;), you've had yours a bit longer than mine, and 152k miles that is awesome, mine just hit 250k a posted a pic of mine on pg66 (the one that has running lights on and led pods on the front,) but anyways your very lucky to have found such a beautiful truck,
Happy Cruisin'
PS awesome background in the picture B)

Is that brown/tan combo? Garaged too? Looks great congrats

15490290546767665517113577851989.jpg
15490292402013925552668559143941.jpg
15490292819033516291892671878527.jpg
I finally ended up getting mine done, I wouldn’t remove it, you really get that “fish in a fishbowl” kinda feeling when everyone can see your every move at night.

View attachment 1894133
Yeah, mine has no tint so you do get that fishbowl feeling, even in the daytime you can... well everyone around you can see every move you make and you have my trucks twin, well one that looks alot better lol.
And also l wouldn't remove it, for a number of reasons, first there is no privacy whatsoever, and the sun will slowly but surely destroy the interior of the cruiser and if you have some tint people cant see if you have tools or recovery ropes, or anything else like that in the back, it's just that much better.

Last edited:
View attachment 1894187 View attachment 1894188 View attachment 1894189
Yeah, mine has no tint so you do get that fishbowl feeling, even in the daytime you can... well everyone around you can see every move you make and you have my trucks twin, well one that looks alot better lol.
And also l wouldn't remove it, for a number of reasons, first there is no privacy whatsoever, and the sun will slowly but surely destroy the interior of the cruiser and if you have some tint people cant see if you have tools or recovery ropes, or anything else like that in the back, it's just that much better.
Yep, makes sense for saving the interior and some added security, though being in the middle of a city I don’t leave anything of value in in it.

You are right about it being a twin - wow

Yep, makes sense for saving the interior and some added security, though being in the middle of a city I don’t leave anything of value in in it.

Ok... I was using the term twin very loosely I know his truck has a lift, aftermarket wheels and snorkel. But let me rephrase that, your truck is the same color as mine...

Lol
Ok... I was using the term twin very loosely I know his truck has a lift, aftermarket wheels and snorkel. But let me rephrase that, your truck is the same color as mine...
lol - I thought your twin comment was directed at me, my bad (now I see it wasn’t). Yours looks very similar to mine (stock look, same interior, same exterior)

Lol

lol - I thought your twin comment was directed at me, my bad (now I see it wasn’t). Yours looks very similar to mine (stock look, same interior, same exterior)
Yeah mine does look like yours, (well as I said about Chache80 truck yours looks a lot better than mine lol)
but I was directing that at Chache80, also I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or not lol

Ok too many to quote here...

3 cheers for the brown/tan 3FE, badass! These are some great looking rigs gentlemen, glad they are in good hands ;)

Wow 91FJ80Super44 that interior is cherry! Thought mine was in great shape but that looks brand new.

No tint does look awesome but just not practical for me either. It gets 115 here sometimes in the summer and I like the privacy. I owe the tint to my interior condition too, though it is peeling off now so will eventually steam it off and re-tint

Ok too many to quote here...

3 cheers for the brown/tan 3FE, badass! These are some great looking rigs gentlemen, glad they are in good hands ;)

Wow 91FJ80Super44 that interior is cherry! Thought mine was in great shape but that looks brand new.

No tint does look awesome but just not practical for me either. It gets 115 here sometimes in the summer and I like the privacy. I owe the tint to my interior condition too, though it is peeling off now so will eventually steam it off and re-tint

Thanks Mr. Ryan, I work very hard to keep the interior looking good. The gentleman I bought it from was a teacher at UT at Knoxville and he owned it for about 5 years but he never drove it, and he bought it from the original owner who drove it for 240k miles, I bought it at 244k, I've put 6k on her in 5 months:D, but I do daily the cruiser, these trucks are meant to be driven!!!
And I agree the tan and brown cruisers are bad a$$.

So honestly I don't know how the interior isn't sun faded from never having tint, but I plan to go and get her tinted next week. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good percentage tint, I want good visibility at night but dark enough to keep the interior protected.
Happy Cruisin'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom