3D Printing Parts for the 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Outsane Is it possible to buy the bolt on hub covers for rear only? I have manual hubs in the front.

Question: Can you make longer versions of the plastic push nuts for the steps just inside the back doors? I have dynamatted my interior and both the stock versions and the longer versions sold by Wits End are not long enough. I have the Oak colored interior.

Question: Can you make longer versions of the plastic push nuts for the steps just inside the back doors? I have dynamatted my interior and both the stock versions and the longer versions sold by Wits End are not long enough. I have the Oak colored interior.

Already a seller for these

That's what....... said!

LOL, yep! Even Joey's nuts are not long enough for me. Wait, that didn't come out right. Even those nuts are not long enough for my 80. Wait, still not right.

4780b95c36917e3a5e21d10a335bdf8e--better-off-ted-awesome-things.jpg

I need nuts that match the required depth of the application.

There, that's better.

Very limited usage, for sure - but I modeled and printed spacers / adapters to add 6" Dayton Reference midbass speakers to the front doors of my '91. The link has the cad files if you wanted to adapt them to your use.

PXL_20221211_143704367.jpg

PXL_20221211_143712486.jpg

PXL_20221218_193413472.jpg

PXL_20221218_194517054.jpg

PXL_20221218_194522871.jpg

Does anyone have a filament they have used that matches the brown interior? Looking to make some cup holders that fit a coffee mug.

IMG_4488.JPG

I've tried a few that were not even close. If someone finds one. I would also appreciate it.

Does anyone have a filament they have used that matches the brown interior? Looking to make some cup holders that fit a coffee mug.

View attachment 3260477
Can you send me a picture or post, of that head unit looking forward? Curious if it covers a lot of the buttons... from that angle it looks perfect!

Can you send me a picture or post, of that head unit looking forward? Curious if it covers a lot of the buttons... from that angle it looks perfect!
Fits really well and very adjustable

IMG_4490.JPG
IMG_4489.JPG

What did you put in that square where the digital clock used to be?

It's an EGT/Boost gauge from @Lutz Auto very high quality product 10/10 recommend it!

Last I remember him commenting on this was below. You can ask him if he has an update. His user name is @bhicks

There is no brand filament that is a color match for the tan Oak. I use black abs filament. My vendor is a private label company that makes a specific type of filament to meet my unique needs. I have to order a pallette at a time to get them to make me a unique ABS blend. Most name brand ABS filaments will work for small to medium sized parts. For the tan Oak paint; I use Rustoleum Textured Bronze. It's an exact color match. I buy it by the case from Home Depot. There are a few online vendors that sell it by the can. 3D Rax Gray ABS on Amazon is a good all purpose ABS filament for a great price.

Painting with Rustoleum Textured Bronze is what I have done for a lot of my stuff so it only makes sense to paint your 3d printed stuff too. Also those cupholders have to handle hot coffee cups and hot desert sun so his filament needs are more specific. Painting your part likely also reduces uv damage from the sun.

Fits really well and very adjustable

View attachment 3260631View attachment 3260632

It's an EGT/Boost gauge from @Lutz Auto very high quality product 10/10 recommend it!
I just picked up the Lutz kit myself with boost and EGT. Any tips on install? Did you just run the wiring behind the dash and through a grommet into the engine bay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom