36 Hours of Uwharrie - August 2017 - Running a 1994 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bump.

I'd suggest replacing the fusible links before you beat the snot out of the truck since they seem to get brittle as they age and will shut you down if they go. Pretty inexpensive part. I'm sure you already knew that.

There is a mod for the temp gauge to get it to read more accurately, but I'm at a loss for that info right now. Can a Scan Gauge be used on a 1994 (pre-OBD2)?

Thank you. I will let the mechanic know.

Thank you, we were just talking about this for sleeping. It was so hot.

We need to keep this on the DL, last year they were a little upset with our generator and fan. However it just moved the muggy hot air around.

Icybreeze should sponsor the race. ;<)

Last edited:
I'm so jealous. @GLTHFJ60 and I talked about doing this last year.

Get on it. It is loads of fun.

MOre videos starting to pop up.

Who else is in?

Last edited:
Big request. Does anyone have the longitude and latitude numbers for the beginning and ending of each trail at Uwharrie? I am building a database for the race of coordinates and these would be very helpful. Thank you.

I am still looking for someone to do this with. Driving my almost finished 82 Toyota.

PM if u are interested.

I am still looking for someone to do this with. Driving my almost finished 82 Toyota.

PM if u are interested.

Damn I would be so down if I was still there.

Bump.

I'd suggest replacing the fusible links before you beat the snot out of the truck since they seem to get brittle as they age and will shut you down if they go. Pretty inexpensive part. I'm sure you already knew that.

There is a mod for the temp gauge to get it to read more accurately, but I'm at a loss for that info right now. Can a Scan Gauge be used on a 1994 (pre-OBD2)?

search for the Raventai temp mod

PM if u are interested.

I'd love to, but I can't commit the time or $$ at this point.

I'd love to, but I can't commit the time or $$ at this point.

Yeah no worries. Just putting it out there since I am interested in doing the event have a rig that I think is built good enough to be fine but still haven't found a co-driver.

I believe the event is sold out for this year. This will require a different strategy, 36 teams versus 18 teams last year. Clogged up challenges and trail traffic. ;<)

We had to sign up as a pro team.

Well. That sucks.

Sent you a PM.

Del - I'd be down I think. I'd need to get some time kayaking to get some better endurance, but I think I'd be willing to give it a go. That said, sounds like it's a no go anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom