35 in tires on 100 series. (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So much pedantry with this subject.

Just slap them on and start figuring out what works and what doesn't.

We can all share what worked with our particular wheel, tire, mod combo; but all rigs and purposes are different.

I ran 315/75R16 Fierce Attitudes on stock wheels and suspension for 3 months, until I could afford to lift it properly. Worked fine and minor rubbing didn't bother me :steer:

I probably wasted a few days of time researching here only to find that the answer is there is no right answer.

Last edited:
A "35" means a 35" tire. Overall diameter. Enough said. Doesn't matter what section width or rim diameter it is.

Now continue to post pictures and information for the OP.

If you want to argue, great. Most of us live in the US, so you have the right to free speech. If you're in China or North Korea, you probably aren't reading this anyway.

In the meantime, tires aren't complicated. If you have questions, ask and I/we'll assist.

:beer:

***EDIT*** Just realized I sounded salty. Oops. Factory size is a 31", 33's fit without issue. 35's may require fender well changes and/or lift kits. And maybe re-gearing. OP, I hope you find the info you are looking for.

Last edited:
Bottom line It doesnt matter what suspension set up you are running if you are running true 34"+ tires without a body lift and your tires are turned and you compress FULLY to the bump stop you WILL hit your fenders.

You may ask why dont hear about damage more, fair question. Because rarely, if ever does a lifted 100 series hit the bump stops when the tires are turned.

Next time your 100 series is flexed check your bump stops and chances are you are not touching.

Pictured below is bump stop contact you are looking for.
It can be done if you run the superior AHC :flipoff2:but Ill save that discussion for another thread:D

Stuff bump stop.JPG

Bottom line It doesnt matter what suspension set up you are running if you are running true 34"+ tires without a body lift and your tires are turned and you compress FULLY to the bump stop you WILL hit your fenders.

You may ask why dont hear about damage more, fair question. Because rarely, if ever does a lifted 100 series hit the bump stops when the tires are turned.

Next time your 100 series is flexed check your bump stops and chances are you are not touching.

Pictured below is bump stop contact you are looking for.
It can be done if you run the superior AHC :flipoff2:but Ill save that discussion for another thread:D

View attachment 1488862

F---.... I didn't really want this to become a thing, but even that is subjective.

Theoretically, you're right.

BUT... I never contacted my fenders and I've wheeled the dog piss out of my 100 with 315s in all kinds of situations.

Duggy and the Bayou City Cruiser guys can attest that I do more than pose on rocks.

F---.... I didn't really want this to become a thing, but even that is subjective.

Theoretically, you're right.

BUT... I never contacted my fenders and I've wheeled the dog piss out of my 100 with 315s in all kinds of situations.

Duggy and the Bayou City Cruiser guys can attest that I do more than pose on rocks.

It a mechanical not an opinion.:meh:
Lucky you, just when you thought you were at the top of your game you still have more exciting days to go!:D

Bottom line It doesnt matter what suspension set up you are running if you are running true 34"+ tires without a body lift and your tires are turned and you compress FULLY to the bump stop you WILL hit your fenders. :flipoff2:

View attachment 1488862

Unless your Shotts!

I knew this thread was starting to sound familiar....

Completely possible, when running aftermarket T-bars with a higher spring rate.

Now for some more AHC flex! lol.... I think it is pretty much on the bumpstop and the tire/fender is going "pap, pap, pap"

View attachment 1488925

ILVAHC :p

2006 Front flex.JPG

Yep.

The SAW torsion bars are pretty thick.
Hi ET
I need help with the acronyms here.
What do AHC and SAW stand for?
I am still contemplating which lift to go with. Not a lot of choices when googeling

@scoonr once you get them on just be careful when you turn your fenders night not like it.

295-fender-jpg.446471
They clear everything with stock suspension right now. Mod bumper and pinch joints. On flat ground. Slight rub in light bimps. I have all the parts on the way for 2" lift. Including uca and diff drop cross member. Should be awsome when i get it together. Still considering 488's. Spent my wad for now though.

They clear everything with stock suspension right now. Mod bumper and pinch joints. On flat ground. Slight rub in light bimps. I have all the parts on the way for 2" lift. Including uca and diff drop cross member. Should be awsome when i get it together. Still considering 488's. Spent my wad for now though.

Everything will clear until your suspension compresses then it will not;) Your 100 series is no different then anyone elses

It does come down to "How are you going to use it?". If you just want to "look" cool, you can get by with more than if you're going to actually use it. I too badly want to become part of the 35" club, but made a pause at 33" because my pockets have bottoms and I have numerous other commitments. I handled the parts acquisitions for lifts at a jeep dealer for the last few years and it's funny how many people come in with grand ideas (6" lifts, 37" tires, etc) but quickly abandon such notions when you put numbers on paper. Going "Big" and doing it "right", isn't cheap, or everyone would be doing it. Not to mention drivability AND reliability suffer. Can you do a lot of the work yourself, or do you have to hire someone to do it? Is this your only vehicle? etc, etc

i'd like to see @Layonnn jump in on this, as he's running 35s but has done a LOT to his cruiser to make it work well. That's a gorgeous rig.

Duh I said on flat ground.

Yeah, but 35s for flat ground is like trailer hitch for a Corolla... there are more practical options. :bounce:

It does come down to "How are you going to use it?". If you just want to "look" cool, you can get by with more than if you're going to actually use it. I too badly want to become part of the 35" club, but made a pause at 33" because my pockets have bottoms and I have numerous other commitments. I handled the parts acquisitions for lifts at a jeep dealer for the last few years and it's funny how many people come in with grand ideas (6" lifts, 37" tires, etc) but quickly abandon such notions when you put numbers on paper. Going "Big" and doing it "right", isn't cheap, or everyone would be doing it. Not to mention drivability AND reliability suffer. Can you do a lot of the work yourself, or do you have to hire someone to do it? Is this your only vehicle? etc, etc

i'd like to see @Layonnn jump in on this, as he's running 35s but has done a LOT to his cruiser to make it work well. That's a gorgeous rig.

Well said!:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom