35 in tires on 100 series. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to put 35 tires on my land bruiser. I thought i read somthing in here about doing that with a minimal lift and some pinch weld trimming. If anybody has some how information i wolud greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
That's odd, it seems to go to the right place for me:
upload_2017-6-22_13-28-28.png

~2 pages of threads debating what is required to put 35" tires on a 100 series.

Link isn't working for me either, but OP, just search for "35" and you'll get the results above

What size 35 are you wanting to do?

I run a narrow 34 (285/75/17) with a lift, SPC UCAs, and pinch weld mod and they just barely fit. If I went any bigger I think it would take some major surgery and/or a body lift. I am running 1.25" spacers though, and that was probably not helping the scrub I had before pinch weld mod. It would be interesting to try a 35 (285/75/18) on wheel with maybe +30 offset, or even a factory 18 (+60). Maybe someone with that size could chime in.

Last edited:
just do it, they will fit. Trim and adapt as you go.

I want to put 35 tires on my land bruiser. I thought i read somthing in here about doing that with a minimal lift and some pinch weld trimming. If anybody has some how information i wolud greatly appreciate it.

This is an extremely confusing subject found only in the 100 section of MUD. Possibly infecting the Prado and 200 section too? Idunno.

Why? 35's are 35/12.5R17 or R16. Most often including the 315 metric equivalent - only. Not 285/75R17. Not 295/70R18. Most every thread referenced above turns into tech relating to tall skinnies mistakenly being called 35's based on height - not profile.

@ scoonr : You're wanting to fit true 35's? The wider tires most likely around 34.7 x 12.5 .... I needed 2.5" lift, 1" body lift, new UCA's, diff drop, new torsion bars, wheel spacers and pinch weld hammering. Or you could SAS the front which might be close to the same cost DIY. Depends on what your specific needs are and skill level. In hindsight, if I were to start fresh with a pocket full of change, that's what I would do.

When in doubt, call a vendor on here. GL

Last edited:
@ scoonr : You're wanting to fit true 35's? The wider tires most likely around 34.7 x 12.5 .... I needed 2.5" lift, 1" body lift, new UCA's, diff drop, new torsion bars, wheel spacers and pinch weld hammering. Or you could SAS the front which might be close to the same cost DIY. Depends on what your specific needs are and skill level. In hindsight, if I were to start fresh with a pocket full of change, that's what I would do.

I have 315/75/16's and I have a 2" lift, no body lift, stock UCA's, diff drop, stock torsion bars, wheel spacers, and pinch weld mod. When I'm wheeling it I only get a little plastic rub on the passenger side if I hit the bump stop hard. I get a little rub on my slider if I go full lock right and back up but that's an easy fix. IMO it fits just fine. Offset plays a big part.

The MUD 100 series Videos thread

This is an extremely confusing subject found only in the 100 section of MUD. Possibly infecting the Prado and 200 section too? Idunno.

Why? 35's are 35/12.5R17 or R16. Most often including the 315 metric equivalent - only. Not 285/75R17. Not 295/70R18. Most every thread referenced above turns into tech relating to tall skinnies mistakenly being called 35's based on height - not profile.

When in doubt, call a vendor on here. GL
Well at least I can say I learned something new from this thread. I've always considered a 285/75/18 a 35. :meh:

Last edited:
I think most of the people on this forum that say 35's don't fit either have never tried it before and are repeating what they read on the interwebs, they didn't do the minimum necessary mods to get them to fit, or in their opinion a slight rub equates to not fitting at all.

I think most people on this forum have the expectation that when they read that something "fits" it doesn't mean, oh and then you maybe need to hammer down a pinch weld and maybe run new UCAs and maybe spacers, etc. I think the phrase you're looking for is "you can get them to fit". :)

I think most people on this forum have the expectation that when they read that something "fits" it doesn't mean, oh and then you maybe need to hammer down a pinch weld and maybe run new UCAs and maybe spacers, etc. I think the phrase you're looking for is "you can get them to fit". :)

Yup, and luckily every one of those threads mentioned above go over all the necessary things that one may need to do to "get them to fit".

But in this case, the OP knows special steps need to be taken and he's not asking if they just fit. He's asking about what needs to be done to "get them to fit".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom