300 series rumors??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This just popped up in my YouTube feed today. Interesting stuff.

Why New Sequoia will Replace 2022 Land Cruiser​

While the TNGA overlap across the four vehicles provides his justifiably reason to be hopeful about that the future sequoia, I don’t believe it addresses the IRS issue of the sequoia.

More interesting to me, unless there is already established info that I missed, is what it might imply about the future 4R. Maybe the 3.5TT motor in the 4Runner is a long-shot, but the 4Runner is in a better position to fill the needs of the current LC loyalist who want a more utilitarian vehicle...add in some of the new 300 series goodies and it becomes quite attractive.

From my personal perspective, based on how I used my cruiser, the next Toyota to replace it was going to be one of the Tacomas. The 4Runner seemed like an unacceptable downgrade, where the crew cab Tacoma at lest had a bit of a bed so the truck could do double duty. For me, the Tundra is too big and the Sequoia not even a consideration (too big, too light weight).

It's not. It's just a body line. Press videos have shown that it's just a typical rear hatch or lift gate, not a tailgate.
Curious is if it's regional, similar to the multiple rear gate/door options on the 200. We'll just have to wait and see what plays out.

I love the tailgates on the LCs, hope it's not something they abandon completely.

Edit: Spelling.

Last edited:
From my personal perspective, based on how I used my cruiser, the next Toyota to replace it was going to be one of the Tacomas. The 4Runner seemed like an unacceptable downgrade, where the crew cab Tacoma at lest had a bit of a bed so the truck could do double duty. For me, the Tundra is too big and the Sequoia not even a consideration (too big, too light weight).

So you used your Land Cruiser similar to a truck? IMO, when you lay the 2nd row seats flat the 4Runner has much more usable cargo space than a Land Cruiser. The 4Runner seats fold completely flat and flush into floor/footwell area so you essentially create a flat cargo space in the back. I've carried a lot of plywood, garden equipment and even a set of 5 tires back there without issue. Not sure I can say the same with the way the Land Cruiser seats fold which is more like it folds forward and then up. Plus you don't have to deal with a side folding 3rd row nor do you have to use a seat belt clip thing to keep the 2nd row seats from falling back. The 4Runner cargo area is more functional as a truck bed than the LC other than it missing the tailgate.

Interesting shot of it with some nice shoes...
300-LAND-CRUISER-300-LIFT-MT-tire-.jpg

Interesting shot of it with some nice shoes...
View attachment 2704351
Looks cool as hell to me idk what everyone is bitching about. Same story anytime any new version of an enthusiast car comes out “wow they ruined it!” “I totally won’t buy it now! (Never would have anyway). These will be fantastic with bumpers/suspension/bigger tires etc.

Looks cool as hell to me idk what everyone is bitching about. Same story anytime any new version of an enthusiast car comes out “wow they ruined it!” “I totally won’t buy it now! (Never would have anyway). These will be fantastic with bumpers/suspension/bigger tires etc.
I like them too. I'd be all over that if it were available here in the US of A. I'd only miss the split tailgate, but I'm sure I could live with it. That GR Sport version looks sick AF. I love the factory chrome delete. The Germans have been offering chrome delete versions of their cars for at least a decade. It was about time Toyota did it as well, even if late and not really available to us on this side of the pond.

Don’t get too excited. The 300 series will NOT be coming to a Toyota dealership near you in the USA, Europe or the UK. But if you travel to the Shara, Russia, Australia and perhaps South America, you might get to at least see one in person.

Mate what planet are you on?? They're the countries we're people actually buy Landcruisers!

US 200 series sales from wiki adds up to 19,396.
AUS 200 series sales from wiki adds up to 76,395.
2015 - 2020.

That averages out at 3232 a year in the US. A country of 328 million.
That averages out at 12,732 a year in AUS. A country of 25 million.

That's not including Australia's 70 series sales which are bigger than the 200 series again.

I'm not going to look into the Middle East sales but I bet there is s*** load sold there as well.

There is no market in the US for a Landcruiser, no one wants it. 3232 sales a year in a country of 328 million is ridiculous. Why would you go to the effort to sell and stock parts and train workers to work on a vehical that 99% of the countries population doesn't even know what it is or wants one?

Where do you find the sales broken down by series? I've asked Toyota directly and they wouldn't tell me. The only data I've ever seen is by nameplate including 150,200, and 70. And occasionally excluding the 150.

Fwiw I'm honestly kinda surprised even 12k sales per year can justify a model. That's roughly 2 days worth sales of Ford trucks in the USA.

For the same reason Ford is selling the Ford GT.
Halo vehicle.
I guess it doesn't really fit for a halo vehicle to me. For me it's one of the most desirable vehicles, but not in the same category as an LFA, more like an SUV LS 500. Ford doesn't sell a GT base model with a 90s V6 as a commuter car in half of the world. In Ford's lineup I see it more like a mustang. And we only were offered the GT500. I think the lc300 will still come with a 1GR in base trim gx. I do think they should sell more of the range of trims and they'd sell a lot more. I don't think the Sahara is the volume seller in Australia either. Maybe I'm wrong, but I see a lot more used vx and gxl.

Not sure I want a 300 anyway.. I would need to to retrain the dog where to step on the center diff, ETC power, VSC & 2nd start buttons.
And he is still not 100% on crawl control and turn assist. Workin on it though!

Land cruiser ain’t a halo vehicle in US lol. How many kids have cruiser posters hanging on their walls.
It was, it's because of the Land Cruiser that Toyota succeeded to bring its sedan in the US. Search for the "Land Cruiser strategy".

Nowadays a big 4x4 is definitely not a halo vehicle, neither in NA or in Europe, and that's part of the reason Toyota doesn't bother anymore to bring them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom