300-series LX release date: October 13 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There is -NO WAY- they bring a 3xLocked LX600 to the states. And a large part of that is the fact that 96% of them would never get engaged by the first owner.

Lexus/toyota didn't care that much about off-road performance with the US-market 200, and they don't care about it in the 300. Besides, to them crawl will get you anywhere you should need to go anyway. Look at their idea of going "off-map" in the promotional stuff.. tents set up in the desert serving from crystal decanters?

Also with zero hint of a hybrid offering so far, are the people hoping for that going on any solid information? Not saying it won't happen, but even the TFL guys are quoting a higher output 3.5TT with no mention of hybrid. And where would they put the batteries? Much less room as compared to a Tundra, given the folding third row.

Oh, and I love how it looks, inside and out. I don't give a s*** what journalists rate as a nice interior for a new vehicle.. Toyota has earned my confidence that this will actually work in five years... while looking great (to my eyes).

The only reason I think it might happen is that there have been public statements that Toyota's goal is to have 50% of sales be electric tech vehicles (EV and hybrids) by 2025. They also have committed to a significant emissions reduction across their fleet this decade and some people speculate that this will require them to essentially go to an all hybrid/EV fleet. I don't know if this includes Lexus or is just the T nameplate, but there is also speculation that this played a role in dropping the LC in the US, so maybe it doesn't include Lexus.

I would find it hard to believe that they engineered a new vehicle from the ground up and didn't consider how to include batteries. But it may be that they really don't intend on producing a hybrid.

The only reason I think it might happen is that there have been public statements that Toyota's goal is to have 50% of sales be electric tech vehicles (EV and hybrids) by 2025. They also have committed to a significant emissions reduction across their fleet this decade and some people speculate that this will require them to essentially go to an all hybrid/EV fleet. I don't know if this includes Lexus or is just the T nameplate, but there is also speculation that this played a role in dropping the LC in the US, so maybe it doesn't include Lexus.

I would find it hard to believe that they engineered a new vehicle from the ground up and didn't consider how to include batteries. But it may be that they really don't intend on producing a hybrid.

There have been a lot of rumours about a LX750h coming out a few years after the LX600. I suspect that's exactly what will happen sooner or later. Maybe we'll see it at the mid-cycle refresh, maybe sooner.

There have been a lot of rumours about a LX750h coming out a few years after the LX600. I suspect that's exactly what will happen sooner or later. Maybe we'll see it at the mid-cycle refresh, maybe sooner.
Could be Toyota’s way of proving/perfecting the drivetrain on the Tundra and putting it in the LX.

All good points. I just wondered if I was missing information specific to this vehicle at launch.

We’re all gonna buy one one day so either you like it now or you’ll like it later. Lol what are you gonna do buy a Range Rover?

The screens that the average consumer demands these days have ruined many interior designs. There’s only so many places and shapes you can make the air vents. I think the previous S class was the high point and for the LX570 when it debuted it was just jaw dropping and remains so till this day.

97894d1412882713-mercedes-benz-w222-s-class-w222-s-class-s500-plugin-hybrid-06.jpg

So I’ve accepted it and wont be too harsh on new designs I think it looks fine.

It’s a freaking Land Cruiser what else would we buy?

We’re all gonna buy one one day so either you like it now or you’ll like it later. Lol what are you gonna do buy a Range Rover?

The screens that the average consumer demands these days have ruined many interior designs. There’s only so many places and shapes you can make the air vents. I think the previous S class was the high point and for the LX570 when it debuted it was just jaw dropping and remains so till this day.

97894d1412882713-mercedes-benz-w222-s-class-w222-s-class-s500-plugin-hybrid-06.jpg

So I’ve accepted it and wont be too harsh on new designs I think it looks fine.

It’s a freaking Land Cruiser what else would we buy?
That wheel…..

For the guy that asked what's new about the AHC. On Toyota's global website you can find a comprehensive release of what's new.

View attachment 2812199
The LX 600 in Hi2 mode:

You can read the full press release here:

When I read this, it sounds like these are not really driver selectable modes. Am I misunderstanding? It says that there are three settings "while the vehicle is in motion", "the system adjusts vehicle height based on.....", "When Hi1 or Hi2 is selected, the system automatically adjusts the vehicle height to the optimum level", etc

It sounds like you can change the modes, but the truck will decide what to do. I'll reserve judgement until this can be confirmed or denied, but I hope they don't prevent the driver from being able to choose a static height. I hope this is really just a confusing way to say that it does what it does now (ie meaning it will lower at highway speeds if in H mode).

When I read this, it sounds like these are not really driver selectable modes. Am I misunderstanding? It says that there are three settings "while the vehicle is in motion", "the system adjusts vehicle height based on.....", "When Hi1 or Hi2 is selected, the system automatically adjusts the vehicle height to the optimum level", etc

It sounds like you can change the modes, but the truck will decide what to do. I'll reserve judgement until this can be confirmed or denied, but I hope they don't prevent the driver from being able to choose a static height. I hope this is really just a confusing way to say that it does what it does now (ie meaning it will lower at highway speeds if in H mode).
The driver can choose heights, there's a pic somewhere of the AHC up/down buttons to the left of the shifter.

The driver can choose heights, there's a pic somewhere of the AHC up/down buttons to the left of the shifter.

Right. I saw that, but it is this sentence that I am worried about - "When Hi1 or Hi2 is selected, the system automatically adjusts the vehicle height to the optimum level"

Sorry, I should have read your post more closely. My guess is that your last sentence is probably accurate - a fancy way of saying what it does now. For example, if you're in H2 and go over 20mph or something, it'll drop into H1. I dunno.

Im wondering if the HI 2 mode is now just a discreet extra high. It sounds like it from that excerpt that was posted.
It also says LOW is gone, and reserved for grandma entry mode. That makes some sense, you couldn't exceed 8MPH with it.
But does that mean you wont be able to lower and drive into a garage?

Im wondering if the HI 2 mode is just now a discreet extra high. It sounds like it from that excerpt that was posted.
It also says low mode is gone, and reserved for grandma mode. That makes some sense, you couldn't exceed 8MPH with it.
But does that mean you wont be able to lower and drive into a garage?
I don't think it makes sense to not have grandma mode selectable. If not by the AHC button, then by a easy egress button.

I don't think it makes sense to not have grandma mode selectable. If not by the AHC button, then by a easy egress button.

Right, it would still be there as a setting. Why though does it say "3" for motion "and" an ingress / egress mode. Maybe its just written poorly. That would not be good for the mall garage.

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 3.08.55 PM.png

I hope you guys are right. I agree that there has to be a manual setting for grandma mode. Hopefully we will have the tech specs soon showing the max height in each mode.

I hope you guys are right. I agree that there has to be a manual setting for grandma mode. Hopefully we will have the tech specs soon showing the max height in each mode.

I just think it’s highly unlikely that the AHC capabilities would regress.

We went from single stage front and rear on the 100, to dual stage front single rear on the 200 and now dual stage F+R AHC.
What do you mean @JetFuel?! Thats the entire design ethos of the 300! Give with one hand, take with the other. LOL.
It would be so Toyota to remove core functionality as our sacrificial token for progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom