300-series LX release date: October 13 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Or to avoid the abomination of a Lexus grill
The predator grill, much like the predator itself, depends on the element of surprise to sneak up on you; can't be giving prey a week's heads up!

All Lexus dealers should park their vehicles with the rear of the vehicle towards the entrance instead of the current display strategy.
Nah, much like a seagull, my attention is attracted by shiny, chrome things. Sun's out, grills out!

That rear bumper is replaceable. Easily!

Not integrated with the quarter panels!

Nice! I want one.

I have owned a 2013 land cruiser and currently own a 2018 LX570. Personally I liked the land cruiser looks way better. But my wife wanted an LX570 so I got her one.

I will say we get like 10 times more compliments on the LX than the land cruiser ever got.

That’s just our experience.

Maybe here on the forums nobody likes the LX but out in the real world I get oohs and aaahhs from people. Only land cruiser owners ever complimented me on my Land Cruiser 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Everyone else thought it was a 4Runner or a Highlander

"My 600-lb Life" gets a lot of ohhs and ahhs too. ;)
🤣

Just to add in a totally pointless comment, the 16+ LX is really starting to grow on me, to the point that I have some mild regret getting a 15 LX instead of a 16+. The rear is slick, and I think the front is catching up, especially the one with an ARB front bumper that a member had installed.

Very curious to see how the 2022 looks, especially if it’s trending toward an off-road focus.

Maybe here on the forums nobody likes the LX but out in the real world I get oohs and aaahhs from people. Only land cruiser owners ever complimented me on my Land Cruiser 🤷🏻‍♂️.
I've had my '14 LX for just about 3 years (longest I've ever owned any vehicle, actually). In that time I received zero attention from anyone, except one week this summer, during which three separate half-ton truck owners complimented the LX. I don't know what they were adding to the water that week, but the compliments ended as abruptly as they started.

I have owned a 2013 land cruiser and currently own a 2018 LX570. Personally I liked the land cruiser looks way better. But my wife wanted an LX570 so I got her one.

I will say we get like 10 times more compliments on the LX than the land cruiser ever got.

I mean, if the LX is still alive and the LC is dead, Lexus must be doing something right?

You have made our point exactly!!!

View a thread here called: what's your other car or something along those line...

I have cars that practically stop traffic, like a naked super model riding an unicorn through a college homecoming football parade.

There is a time and place for everything.

The Land Cruiser is a low profile SUV that's just a little bigger than a Highlander and not as big as a Sequoia.

WOW, I guess I finally can admit I have Sequoia envy.

I would love to a plain Land Cruiser exterior with a posh Lexus LX interior.

Enjoy your LX they are Great no doubt, but you are a rich guy - conversely I'm just a dude in a plain Toyota SUV to 98% of the population.

Peace.

Apologies in advance, if I offended anyone with the words "naked" or "unicorn".

You have made our point exactly!!!

View a thread here called: what's your other car or something along those line...

I have cars that practically stop traffic, like a naked super model riding an unicorn through a college homecoming football parade.

There is a time and place for everything.

The Land Cruiser is a low profile SUV that's just a little bigger than a Highlander and not as big as a Sequoia.

WOW, I guess I finally can admit I have Sequoia envy.

I would love to a plain Land Cruiser exterior with a posh Lexus LX interior.

Enjoy your LX they are Great no doubt, but you are a rich guy - conversely I'm just a dude in a plain Toyota SUV to 98% of the population.

Peace.

Apologies in advance, if I offended anyone with the words "naked" or "unicorn".
Used LX’s are cheaper than land cruisers lol.
You spent a bunch of money on an expensive land cruiser so you must be rich too plus you have cars that stop traffic that’s cool. LX’s don’t do that. I would hardly call a land cruiser plain. If you want to call a 90,000 suv a plain. In fact most used lexus SUV’s sell for less than their toyota counterparts.

As far as I go, I drive a 2005 lx470 with 201,000 miles. And that one gets more compliments than the new LX not that I care, because a Range Rover would get more compliments than any Lexus or toyota. That’s not why I bought a Lexus I bought it because all the same reasons why people buy land cruisers.

I am just pointing out that people say the Lexus is an ugly ass SUV that nobody wants yet they sell better than land cruisers, and the general public thinks it looks nice. Everyone says LX’s are not as good as land cruiser and nobody wants to buy a predator face when in fact they are pretty much the same suv, and it still sells.

That being said I prefer a land cruiser but I’m cheap so I buy used Lexus SUV’s because I can save money over land cruisers.

If I got a good deal on a land cruiser I would buy one but they are sky high right now.

I can’t buy a new land cruiser because they are not going to be sold here so. I will buy a ugly ass LX and so will most people who love land cruisers. Because after all this post is about the release of the new Lexus. I for one will buy it regardless of looks because I know it will be the best SUV out there.

Last edited:
I've had my '14 LX for just about 3 years (longest I've ever owned any vehicle, actually). In that time I received zero attention from anyone, except one week this summer, during which three separate half-ton truck owners complimented the LX. I don't know what they were adding to the water that week, but the compliments ended as abruptly as they started.

I've never given it much thought until recently. If anything, I've been a little embarrassed about the appearance of a built LX, but consumer tastes and sentiment seem to be changing. Increasingly, I'm getting high fives/waves and double takes on the road. The big eye opener was when my wife had to drive my LX for a couple days last week while I had her GX in the shop. She literally called me from a target parking lot to tell me "She hates this damn car!" She said, "If one more guy tries to ask me about this dumb tent or gives me a thumbs up, I'm never driving it again". I guess it makes a difference when you have a good looking brunette driving, but I have to agree with @eatSleepWoof

Back on Topic - For the love of God, why is there no split tailgate?! I had hopes the LX would bring it back for the 300. 😭

I'm getting high fives/waves and double takes on the road

My first truck 40 years ago was a ‘78 Toyota pickup truck. I took it to the beach everyday windsurfing and it was getting pretty rusty. I started putting stickers over the rust spots until eventually- a year later, the entire truck was completely covered in surfing related stickers. The whole thing - there wasn’t any paint visible- all covered by hundreds and hundreds of bright stickers.

When I drove that thing - anywhere - I’d get thumbs ups and oohs and awes and triple takes at every stoplight where pedestrians walked past. I could hear kids say “mommy did you see that truck?”

My old rusty truck was a thrasher and the attention it got was more shock than awe.
Based on years of experience with that, (fun truck) I wouldn’t place much weight on any person’s comment or gesture of anything related to the car I’m driving.
For all I know, most of the people snapping their heads around for a double take on my sticker truck we’re only thinking one thing- what a jackass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom