300-series LX release date: October 13 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dang. No rear window access? I can’t tell you how many times I’ve accessed stuff and or packed to the gills using glass only on the expo.

That said, the tailgate is no big loss to me. What is a loss is the 4 gal of extra fuel capacity. My 570 would be dang near perfect with a 40 gal fuel tank.
The new 300 series actually does have a smaller tank 🤦🏻‍♂️ Missing the spilt gate is the biggest bummer. But less fuel range is even worse. I would consider buying the LX570 if it weren’t for the UI system. Granted I’ve never used it but it looks overly complicated and not very useful.

Dang. No rear window access? I can’t tell you how many times I’ve accessed stuff and or packed to the gills using glass only on the expo.

That said, the tailgate is no big loss to me. What is a loss is the 4 gal of extra fuel capacity. My 570 would be dang near perfect with a 40 gal fuel tank.

Every decision on the 300 truly boggles the mind.

Lets see what happens to the 4 runner. I dont see them lacking effort like this on the best seller.

The new 300 series actually does have a smaller tank 🤦🏻‍♂️ Missing the spilt gate is the biggest bummer. But less fuel range is even worse. I would consider buying the LX570 if it weren’t for the UI system. Granted I’ve never used it but it looks overly complicated and not very useful.

Its really great in concept, but as I've discussed before absolutely horrible execution.
I dont hate it personally and im used to using it now, but it does take some time to master.

Remote touch itself is ingenious, its a guided cursor with physical feedback for truly eyes on road control. You can float the "cursor" over an object and it will "stick" making selection extremely tactile and removing the innacuracy of touch over bumps and arm fatigue etc.

Where it failed miserably is that they did not adapt the on screen UI for an efficient free cursor travel but instead its the exact same layout that is intended for touch from 2008-forward. You have full cursor freedom but have to dig around a couple of block buttons on screen that are on the same corner even and too close to each other.
It has a click down select which is great as well as an up down physical button for lists, zoom etc.
All they needed to do was disperse the on screen objects a bit more and utilized a sort of hot corner system and would have been fantastic.

It could have been best in industry and they abandoned it...

What is a loss is the 4 gal of extra fuel capacity. My 570 would be dang near perfect with a 40 gal fuel tank

The fuel tank shrank because the vehicle MPG increased with the smaller engine. If the vehicle MPG increased by 3X, the gas tank would have been decreased 3X in volume too. That’s how engineers often think: Vehicle “A” must have a range of X miles and if it hits that target, a larger fuel tank is unnecessary.
I’m definitely not a fan of that mindset. That’s why I installed a 49 gallon gas tank in my cruiser (2X capacity = 2X the range).

The fuel tank shrank because the vehicle MPG increased with the smaller engine. If the vehicle MPG increased by 3X, the gas tank would have been decreased 3X in volume too. That’s how engineers often think: Vehicle “A” must have a range of X miles and if it hits that target, a larger fuel tank is unnecessary.
I’m definitely not a fan of that mindset. That’s why I installed a 49 gallon gas tank in my cruiser (2X capacity = 2X the range).

Whatever the range is on my 570, it’s not enough. I need at least 300 miles of real world range, meaning with 4 kids, luggage, and AT tires.

Whatever the range is on my 570, it’s not enough. I need at least 300 miles of real world range, meaning with 4 kids, luggage, and AT tires.

Bruh i drive pretty much city only right now and im lucky to see 225 miles a tank. Im definitely doing an oem subtank at some point but @grinchy ‘s thread is scaring me. It’s one of the most intense threads I’ve seen and involves flammable substances. Not to mention getting the parts seems like a challenge in itself.

Bruh i drive pretty much city only right now and im lucky to see 225 miles a tank. Im definitely doing an oem subtank at some point but @grinchy ‘s thread is scaring me. It’s one of the most intense threads I’ve seen and involves flammable substances. Not to mention getting the parts seems like a challenge in itself.
Yup. I priced out a 40 gal. $4k. Then I was looking at a rear tire carrier. $4k. Plus the truck needs to be transported to bud bilt for the install. I just decided to pump gas more often, lol.

Yup. I priced out a 40 gal. $4k. Then I was looking at a rear tire carrier. $4k. Plus the truck needs to be transported to bud bilt for the install. I just decided to pump gas more often, lol.

Yup, my wife is just now learning how to drive (were European, im mixed) and the second car will 100% be a city slicker electric.
I don't want to live at the pump and her being able to charge at home will give me some added peace of mind.
Too many bad stories from friends and family at gas stations.

Were not pretending like were saving the planet or anything (thats not the case) but i like the idea that I can rely on an alternate form of energy if gas ever becomes an issue. (I have a 50A generator that can run on NG and propane). Im a doomsday prepper though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom