Builds 2UZFE swap into FJ80 - building - in progress (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm finalizing my 80 2uz swap.. had to fab up an intake. Gave up with the wiring and just going to have North West Toys down in OR handle the wiring adapters for the harness to support the 2uz. I'll have to update my list of things I did to get this far. The goal now is to have it done for the Gambler 500

View attachment 2473976

View attachment 2473981

View attachment 2473983

View attachment 2473984
That is a very clean installation. I’m just waiting on a few engine accessories then I’ll be starting. My plan includes a non-vvti 2uz with an a750f out of a cruiser. I’m still trying to figure out the wiring specifics for that union. I am also using an ecu out of a 2wd v8 4runner because I’m keeping my stock t case. How did you do the engine mounts? That’s my next pre install problem.

I'm finalizing my 80 2uz swap.. had to fab up an intake. Gave up with the wiring and just going to have North West Toys down in OR handle the wiring adapters for the harness to support the 2uz. I'll have to update my list of things I did to get this far. The goal now is to have it done for the Gambler 500

View attachment 2473976

View attachment 2473981

View attachment 2473983

View attachment 2473984
What did you do for that airbox lid? Originally a 91 thru 94 lid?

What did you do for that airbox lid? Originally a 91 thru 94 lid?
I took the original Air cleaner top and cut it off. I fiber glassed some PVC plumbing thing I found at HD and made it work

20200915_163236.jpg

20200915_163242.jpg

20200916_184643.jpg

20200919_182012.jpg

20200915_163249.jpg

That is a very clean installation. I’m just waiting on a few engine accessories then I’ll be starting. My plan includes a non-vvti 2uz with an a750f out of a cruiser. I’m still trying to figure out the wiring specifics for that union. I am also using an ecu out of a 2wd v8 4runner because I’m keeping my stock t case. How did you do the engine mounts? That’s my next pre install problem.

I'm about $3800 in on this swap. I bought a running 2002 Sequoia and used that as the donor. The donor is the best way to do this swap in my opinion because I used a ton of parts that would have cost way over the $800 I paid for the entire truck. My LC is a 91 making it a bit easier to swap and of course the 2002 2UZFE engine without VVTI makes it even easier. I bought a 96 LC a343F and HF2AV (The AV is longer in the rear shaft side then the HF2A because of the Viscous coupler).. I added a shift kit and electronic solenoids to get rid of the kickdown and filled the hole where the cable was. That way there is only one cable at the throttle body.

The 2UZFE does fit in a 60 body without any cutting. You have to use a Land Cruiser oil pan and not a Tundra oil pan. Then it clears the diff.

fj60_uzj.jpg
Hi

Do you have more photos for this project or is their any threads been posted for this project?

Cool. Congrats. If I had 8k, laying around I would have bought it back in a heart beat. I had more than that into it(parts alone). Just can't do it right now. Ping me if you have any questions about it.
I would be very intersted in chatting about the build. I've got a 1996 toyota land cruiser I am starting this build. 2uz from a 2004 4 runner and an a750f trans. Keeping the transfer case. Going to have the harness built so it'll hook up to the land cruiser computer and run the truck.

Would love to chat if you have time

Why not go this route with the late model stock cruiser or LX450 tranny- A343 with the tundra, Sequoya, A340 guts?

I would be very intersted in chatting about the build. I've got a 1996 toyota land cruiser I am starting this build. 2uz from a 2004 4 runner and an a750f trans. Keeping the transfer case. Going to have the harness built so it'll hook up to the land cruiser computer and run the truck.

Would love to chat if you have time
How did the build go?

How did the build go?
Not so good. Haven't had the time nor the cash to properly do so. Found a donor 2uz and pulling the 4.5l out hopefully this weekend. Still have high prospects for this build but taking it slow. Sounds like I may need a new oil pan at the very least. Relocate my engine mounts, which I don't have a welder personally but have buddies and co workers that can do amazing things with melting metal. Anyways. I want to be able to use the computer in the LC and the tundra to make it run. We will see. Slow going. But going.

Not so good. Haven't had the time nor the cash to properly do so. Found a donor 2uz and pulling the 4.5l out hopefully this weekend. Still have high prospects for this build but taking it slow. Sounds like I may need a new oil pan at the very least. Relocate my engine mounts, which I don't have a welder personally but have buddies and co workers that can do amazing things with melting metal. Anyways. I want to be able to use the computer in the LC and the tundra to make it run. We will see. Slow going. But going.
What do you want to keep the factory LC ecm for?

I am not sure if I scrap the LC ecu if it will drive l, run, and pass emissions. We will see. This is my 3rd vehicle so I may just make this into an absolute off-road machine. Will decide later.

Once the engine has been swapped it is no longer doing anything.

I'm about $3800 in on this swap. I bought a running 2002 Sequoia and used that as the donor. The donor is the best way to do this swap in my opinion because I used a ton of parts that would have cost way over the $800 I paid for the entire truck. My LC is a 91 making it a bit easier to swap and of course the 2002 2UZFE engine without VVTI makes it even easier. I bought a 96 LC a343F and HF2AV (The AV is longer in the rear shaft side then the HF2A because of the Viscous coupler).. I added a shift kit and electronic solenoids to get rid of the kickdown and filled the hole where the cable was. That way there is only one cable at the throttle body.

View attachment 2473976

View attachment 2473981

View attachment 2473983

View attachment 2473984
What engine mounts did you use? Just pulled my 1fzfe from my 96 and need to figure things out. Stoked for this

Why pull a 4.5 liter motor to install a 4.7 liter motor??? You will only gain like 10 or 20hp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom