Builds 2UZFE swap into FJ80 - building - in progress (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^ thinking the same thing...but wish the seller good luck...and the next owner ;)

For $7k it is almost worth it just to buy the truck for parts. A 2005 2UZ, an A750F the transfercase, full floating rear and wheels and tires are worth the price of admission.
Why aren't you snatching this up Ryan? You know you need another LC.:bounce:

#1 reason why this did not stay in the community? Price.

You cannot get a 7K+ loan on this. When I was originally selling it the interest in it was huge. Problem...nobody could get a loan.

Only reason why I sold it is because I had a Sequoia also at the time and the Sequoia has Trac control so I don't have to be afraid of my wife driving it. I could easily put the Cruiser sideways in the snow, even in 4x4 with the power, but the Sequoia trac wouldn't allow it. So I sold the cruiser and kept the Sequoia.

Hey guys, just wanted you to know that the new owner of Rob's 4.7 80 is a Mud member. :steer: I fell in love with it instantly when i saw it on Ebay. I ended up paying just over 8k for it. Which was a steal IMHO. The interior is preaty rough. I have a new carpet coming, figured i'd soundproof the floor and door panels first and i'll probably go with the SOR leather kit.

I will be doing the 'Gullwing" mod, like my last Fj80 had. I beleave there are a few pics in the Registry if you search (gullwing)

Im glad to be back:)

Well gotta go change out the tranny mount.......just too much power, i guess. LOL

Cool. Congrats. If I had 8k, laying around I would have bought it back in a heart beat. I had more than that into it(parts alone). Just can't do it right now. Ping me if you have any questions about it.

Thread revival, so I will be doing this swap. Is there a parts breakdown of how to do this? I'll make one but I just need to know exactly what worked eg. Year engine with computer, trans, wiring mods etc.

Anyone awake :)? Digging up this thread, since I just acquired all of the power train from a 1999 LC... Question - will my 97, 80 series fuel pump/lines keep up with what the 4.7L will require or should I pull the pump out of the 100 series? Also if I'm reading this thread correctly - I will need to move the engine/tranny forward even though I am keeping the same tranny and tcase. Will this require some modifications to the shifter? Thanks in advance!

Anyone awake :)? Digging up this thread, since I just acquired all of the power train from a 1999 LC... Question - will my 97, 80 series fuel pump/lines keep up with what the 4.7L will require or should I pull the pump out of the 100 series? Also if I'm reading this thread correctly - I will need to move the engine/tranny forward even though I am keeping the same tranny and tcase. Will this require some modifications to the shifter? Thanks in advance!

My 4.7 runs stock pump and lines albeit a new "stock" Toyota FP

I'm starting my swap here is my list:
- 91 LC
- 2002 2WD sequoia donor
- 96 a343 with HF2AV
- sc400 oil pan swap
- Oil filter relocation kit
- 2uz bell housing from the sequoia
- a340e transpan from the sequoia since the fill tube is on the left and fits the 2uz perfect.
- Found another 2uzfe with 4wd ECU for $300 need that ECU and extra parts.

More PICS to come once I finish refreshing the a343, HF2AV and 2uz. Once that is done and I have a good day outside I will start the motor mounts. I'm hoping to use the Sequoia gas lines and pump configuration and anything else I can to save money. Hoping when its done, I can sell most of the parts and get most of my money back

Last edited:
Nice, would like to see progress.

Question on your transmission, with the 2uzfe ECU, will that control the 96 a343 ok? I believe it will, but its been a long time since I looked at schematics.

- 91 LC
- 2002 2WD sequoia donner
- 96 a343 with HF2AV
- sc400 oil pan swap
- a340e transpan from the sequoia since the fill tube is on the left and fits the 2uz perfect.

More PICS to come once I finish refreshing the a343, HF2AV and 2uz. Once that is done and I have a good day outside I will start the motor mounts. I'm hoping to use the Sequoia gas lines and pump configuration and anything else I can to save money. Hoping when its done, I can sell most of the parts and get most of my money back

You should start your own build thread for this swap. I know there would be quite a few folks that would follow along and help if you hit road blocks.

- 91 LC
- 2002 2WD sequoia donner
- 96 a343 with HF2AV
- sc400 oil pan swap

VERY interested to hear about / watch your build. I really want this to be the next improvement I make to my '96 FJZ80! I'm pretty much done with making repairs to the 1FZ. If it ever blows a HG, it's just gonna sit until the 2UZ goes in.

That being said, I was noticing your comments about the fuel pump, lines, etc., and I wondered if a product I just used on my Holley Sniper conversion on my FJ60 might also work in this application? It's a really simple idea, and it made the Sniper-to-fuel tank connections REALLY simple. Let me know what you think..........

You should start your own build thread for this swap. I know there would be quite a few folks that would follow along and help if you hit road blocks.
Yes I'll do that thanks! So far I have all the parts and a huge spreadsheet. I have tons of motivation and would love to complete the build by July 2020.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom