Builds FjBroBri's Lx450 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mikescustomtoys.com
I am posting up another members build for him. I will answer all the technical questions but let him tell
you what and why he is doing what he is. The first project is the 2UZ-FE swap. We started with a running 97 Lx450 fresh off this board and tore the engine and transmission out of it. Purchased a rolled 2004 Tundra from an insurance auction with 89,000 miles on it as our donor.
450.JPG

1fz.JPG

1fz on the way out.JPG

no more fz.JPG

No more FZ

Oh man, I can't wait to see the progress! I have to say, my heart hurt a little seeing my EX-LX have it's low mileage purring engine torn out like that! LOL

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
So the first area we tackled was swapping the valve bodies from the tundra a340 with electronic pressure control into the a343 lx transmission. As well as the od clutch basket because of the sensor ring on the a340. This process has been explained on many different threads but it is the best way for us to keep the lx transfer case while going full electronic transmission control. I.e. No throttle cable no "kick down cable".

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The only change the 343 case needs is a hole drilled for the sensor off the tundra 340

image.jpeg
The next area that required attention was the oil pan. The front sump off the tundra would interfere too much with the lx450 or fj80 front solid axle. So we opted for the 100 series cruiser pans. Which are more rear sump style.
Here is the tundra first.

image.jpeg

The next issue people run into with these swaps is the oil filter hitting the steering box. This is the tundra oil filter adapter with cooler attached is approx 9.25 inches from the crankshaft to the end of the cooler.

Hey there yall!! This is my project that I'm having the pleasure of working on with Mike @ Mike's Custom Toys. First off, just want to say I'm very grateful to be working with Mike and his assistant Brian. They are top notch mechanics and people from my experience!!

I recently decided to get back into Landcruisers after more than a decade without. In '96 I got a '77 FJ55 and that was my DD for seven years. It was modified many times over the years, but what pushed me away was the exhaust being sucked into the cabin through the failing weatherstripping in the tailgate area...... So, that's why I stopped being a LC owner back in winter of 2003-4.....

On to NOW

Now, I got inspired to get back into LC's as I'm planning to acquire land on the Big Island of Hawaii, and want a solid 4x4 for exploration and camping off the beaten path. I bought four LC's all together to make 2-3 good ones. There are two '91's and a '97 LC and a '97 LX We decided to just make two good ones for now. I'd upload photos but I'm not sure how yet....

The intention is to install a TRD supercharger on the Lexus and intending to turbo the '97 LC that just received the Lexus motor. We will be installing a Slee 4" DIY lift kit on the Lexus next week and planning to put a bigger lift/ with a 3-Link suspension on the LC. They will both receive bumpers/sliders, fresh leather, and numerous other changes we will be highlighting in the build.....

Thanks for watching :)

image.jpeg

So on the left is the stock tundra oil filter adapter with the cooler off. The one on the right is for a 98 100 series. You can see the slight differences. The big gains in space is how the cruiser one has a different angle right off the block and a little longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom