2JZ into lj70....? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the Playdo front and rear disc brakes are very good units
well for up to 36" boots, that is all i tested them to.

Thanks lads yeah wiring will be a challenge :)

Thanks for advice on brakes they will be getting upgraded over time

2jz in the gs
D3DAEA03-6091-468C-B96D-9E9267D7502D-35618-00003E9F139C3212.jpg

VVTI engine?

Hello
I have done this conversion a few times , mainly with the 7 M , 1' 2j but all non turbo as a petrol turbo drinks like a fish in a 2 ton 4x4 .
My own RJ 70 has had a 7M in it using a G55 gearbox , been converted since 2001 and no trouble at all . Fully balanced and blueprinted 7M 10:1 comp gets a best economy of 12 lt easy highway driving .
I used the latest revision (at the time )of a G 55 which uses wider gears than any G52 and have never had any gearbox breakages .
The non turbo 2 j goes great but best to get a heavier flywheel made as they still don't have a lot of torque down low .
Fuel consumption is 20 lt per hundred general 4x4 driving , 16 lt city cycle and 14 lt hwy cycle .
Cut the front tie bar out from the chassis and move it forward approx 90 mm so you can use a hzj75 radiator and retain your engine driven fan .
If you don't it will overheat in hard going hot days no matter what electric fan you find .
For the jz engine you need a rear supra sump and it will need modding on the RH side so the tail shaft don't smack it .
Get a R154 jz bell housing and machine a bit off each end and then get your custom flywheel made thicker to suit , reason here is your R 151 input shaft is 160 mm long where as the jz R 154 bell housing is to suit a 190 mm long input shaft hence the need to loose 30 mm somewhere .
Dave

Thanks for all your information!

I am currently looking into getting a custom bellhousing?
That's we're I am at now!

How did you do your engine mounts?

Thanks for all your information!

I am currently looking into getting a custom bellhousing?
That's we're I am at now!

How did you do your engine mounts?

Hi moonsy

Here 4 years later are you finish Whit your projekt 2jz engine?
Im am about to put in are 2jz vvti in my bj42, i might have some questions for you
Sorry for my pure english i am Danish

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom