2JZ into lj70....? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.leinster4x4.ie
Hi all,

im planning on dropping a 2jz out of a lexus gs300 into my 2.4td lj70.

anyone ever do one before?

any help or input welcome

thanks

Best engin conversion for lj 70's.

I hav completed many 1jz/2jz/1uz/2uz conversion and recomend go auto box.

Why no 1kz? Beautiful outstanding performance for a diesel.

Hi all,

im planning on dropping a 2jz out of a lexus gs300 into my 2.4td lj70.

anyone ever do one before?

any help or input welcome

thanks

Fuel consumption is excessive go diesel try 2-3k per litre driven normally . They and 7M and 1JZ all drink fuel like elephants sucking up water At a water hole.

Excessive power and will destroy tracks not a tread lightly engine I hate them as they usually driven by people who think 7000rpm is the only way to get past an obstacle and with lots of noise

1JZ/7M/2JZ all same rubbish for off roading

Last edited:
1jzgte has been done. 2jz would be similar I'd think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FKllYGvHs8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9vn3puc1x0

I know nothing about it though. Perhaps the guy that built it posted his build somewhere? Might not be in english though, haha.

Why not go 1uzfe? This has been done before and is better documented. (by the Kiwi's).

This Prado is from Pakistan the guy died in an accident while having test drive of same Prado.i think he made a thread on pakwheels if i found it out will share it here
RIP

Fuel consumption is excessive go diesel try 2-3k per litre driven normally . They and 7M and 1JZ all drink fuel like elephants sucking up water At a water hole.

Excessive power and will destroy tracks not a tread lightly engine I hate them as they usually driven by people who think 7000rpm is the only way to get past an obstacle and with lots of noise

Evidence of fuel consumptio? Evidence of elephant drinking fuel at water hole?

You rev to 7000rpm?

Thanks for the reply guys
I want to go 2jz for a couple of reasons I have a gs300 sitting there
And for the rareness of it in Ireland
1kz is nice engine but I already have a bj70 with 3b and an 80 1hd 24valve and that engine would be big money
So I would like to try out petrol motor expensive to run but it will be cool haha

Best engin conversion for lj 70's.

I hav completed many 1jz/2jz/1uz/2uz conversion and recomend go auto box.

Why no 1kz? Beautiful outstanding performance for a diesel.

I will be asking you a lot of questions so! Haha

Why auto box? I was thinking manual r151f the gearbox that's in lj

The 2lt is now out
6D2A07E4-5FC1-4721-9B3C-FA0AA9B75E17-34860-00003D3A6A371559.jpg

Ill be taking the 2jz out if gs over the next week

Is there a build thread of someone doing this conversion or similar anywhere?

Why is it unfortunate?

It won't fit?

When you have seen a track destroyed by a bunch of people with these engines in trucks and PORTAL axles and SIMEX tires all buuilt like wanna be comp trucks and then the track gets closed lemme know so I can clap.

Power is everything closed tracks is not?

When you have seen a track destroyed by a bunch of people with these engines in trucks and PORTAL axles and SIMEX tires all buuilt like wanna be comp trucks and then the track gets closed lemme know so I can clap.

Power is everything closed tracks is not?

Does this mean your tyres on the troopy or prados have never spun faster than the momentum of the truck it's self when out on the tracks or your jungle tyres have never dug out holes in the tracks or mud

I didn't read anything about him putting portal axels under its and making it a comp truck.

Give it a rest a stick to your lung clogging diesels

If he does not plan this well he could end up with a disaster

1. Every one of these 1J/2j/7m conversions I have seen without planning of XFER case , gearbox, brakes will fail they have been stuck in BMWs, MERCs, 80 series, LAndROVERS, JEEPS, KIA's, rangerovers, LC II's long and short, ISUZU's toyota Corona's and many more

2. Brakes he is going from a vehicle with barely 72kw to something over 200kw (and it will take 500+ with chipping etc) and will do more than 180k depending on his wheel sizes

3. Then he needs to make it handle as he will corner etc faster than normal because it can and he will not be able to resist the urge to bury the foot as it will carve up traffic.

thanks for your input I know we're you are comin from!

This jeep is not for off roading! I have bj on 37s for goin offroad

This is for on road I am doing it because it has never been done before over here
I'm 18 and apprentice mechanic looking for a challenge!
Brakes will be upgraded over time I'm not planning to race it!

If he does not plan this well he could end up with a disaster

1. Every one of these 1J/2j/7m conversions I have seen without planning of XFER case , gearbox, brakes will fail they have been stuck in BMWs, MERCs, 80 series, LAndROVERS, JEEPS, KIA's, rangerovers, LC II's long and short, ISUZU's toyota Corona's and many more

2. Brakes he is going from a vehicle with barely 72kw to something over 200kw (and it will take 500+ with chipping etc) and will do more than 180k depending on his wheel sizes

3. Then he needs to make it handle as he will corner etc faster than normal because it can and he will not be able to resist the urge to bury the foot as it will carve up traffic.

Yes that is a valid suggestion

I can see how a competition or large group of offroaders with ripper tyres and a challenge ahead with diesel or petrol motors could destroy over a weekend or what ever.

But i am still interested in how you don't rip up jungle vegetation or tracks with your diesel cruisers and mud tyres.

Moonsy, im looking forward to your conversion i think it will be a blast and good fun.
When my brakes were working correctly i had no issues pulling up and have had my cruiser past 170kph (on a private property:hillbilly:)

just because he will have power doesn't mean he will be using it ... all the time.
the R series tranny comes behind the V8 as well .. and the HZ and PZ engines. lots of them around should he blow this one up.
i am interested in the results.

as for spinning tires on the trails, anyone can spin tires in mud or slippery conditions. you can have tons of power and not spin tires, if you know how to drive. that point is mute.

carry on.

just because he will have power doesn't mean he will be using it ... all the time.
the R series tranny comes behind the V8 as well .. and the HZ and PZ engines. lots of them around should he blow this one up.
i am interested in the results.

as for spinning tires on the trails, anyone can spin tires in mud or slippery conditions. you can have tons of power and not spin tires, if you know how to drive. that point is mute.

carry on.

Just something I wish to know for reference.

Can a R series fit behind a B series engine?? Any major problems?

Sits back with :popcorn: and awaits....;)

the R never came behind the B series so a custom bell housing or adapter would be needed
plus
the shifter for the R sits quite a bit further back so mods to the floor will be needed.
plus
the H41/42/55 is a MUCH stronger tranny than the R series

This will be quite interesting to follow. Moonsy, I hope you have what it takes to follow through and make it happen. I've seen so many projects get to the stage yours is with the old engine out, and then the momentum is lost and the new engine never makes it in.

I can tell you that the wiring may end up being one of the biggest challenges. I've done Toyota EFI engine swaps before, and the wiring is the part I paid someone else to do.

The Prado brakes are actually really very good when working properly with some good semi-metallic pads. I rebuilt mine last winter, and I can lock up the big tires no problem. Even towing big loads the brakes are very good.

Also, in reply to the 'big power' comments above, the OP is working with a 2JZGE (no turbo), so power will be closer to 160kw. Same power and less torque than a 1FZFE found in other cruisers, so I'm sure the truck can handle it. Will be a nice setup really. It's the sort of power the Prado should have come with.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom