2F Rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm slowly rebuilding the 2F in my 78 Fj40
On the back of the block what do I need to cover the end of the cam?
Thanks
Bankerbob

IIRC, there is a special Cam Plug that goes in that hole. Sorta like a freeze plug but different.

@Bankerbob
Thanks John,
Called my local friendly Toyota dealer, LOL, my special price was $4.84, plus 15 to 20 working days for delivery.
And they question why local buyers go online to buy parts.

I appreciate your help.

Bankerbob

You do business with the wrong dealer. Maybe your dealer is buying it from Toyota of Cool Springs for $2.26 and selling it to you. :rofl:

This is what they're paying outside of Nashville, in Franklin, TN:

parts-toyotaofcoolsprings@emails.revolutionparts.com
1875 West McEwen Drive
Franklin, TN 37067

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I'm new to FJ60 ownership and IH8MUD. My 60 has several leaks throughout the engine, but is pretty low miles (144K or so). I am wondering if anyone could share their thoughts on whether I should have the entire engine rebuilt or just address the leaky gaskets/seals etc. It seems the labor is just about the same as far as tearing the engine apart to access oil pan gaskets and crankshaft seals. Should I just go ahead and have the engine block and head machined while the engine is out? I will not be doing the work myself so I don't want to pay for a similar service twice.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Hi Guys, I'm new to FJ60 ownership and IH8MUD. My 60 has several leaks throughout the engine, but is pretty low miles (144K or so). I am wondering if anyone could share their thoughts on whether I should have the entire engine rebuilt or just address the leaky gaskets/seals etc. It seems the labor is just about the same as far as tearing the engine apart to access oil pan gaskets and crankshaft seals. Should I just go ahead and have the engine block and head machined while the engine is out? I will not be doing the work myself so I don't want to pay for a similar service twice.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

you should start your own thread on this,
there is no need to remove/pull the engine to fix the leaks, main areas are:
oil pan
side cover
valve cover

I would check compression and maybe a leak down test to give you insight into the health of the engine, if decent there is no need to rebuild the engine.

you should start your own thread on this,
there is no need to remove/pull the engine to fix the leaks, main areas are:
oil pan
side cover
valve cover

I would check compression and maybe a leak down test to give you insight into the health of the engine, if decent there is no need to rebuild the engine.

Thank you 3_puppies, will do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom