2F and F Cradle. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kiwidog

Kiwidog
Threads
This may help anyone working on a 2F.

Here's a cradle I have use many times for storing and working on a 2F It is made from 3/4 inch plywood or scraps of whatever you have on hand. It works well if you attach four swivel castors on the bottom. It easy to move a 2F around on a concrete floor with this cradle and work on most parts except the oil pad and the rear seal. it can be skid around the floor with no castors but it takes a little grunt.
One of the walls on this one is two pieces of 1/2 inch ply glued together, it was what was in the scrap pile. Glued and screwed together for a safe
durable cradle.
The dimensions are: base 12 to 14 inches wide x 39 1/2 inches long (1 meter) to keep MrT happy The walls are 9 inches high x 26 inches long and set 9 inches apart to fit the oil pan width. The walls are set equally spaced on the base.
The pieces separating the wall are 9 x 3.5 inches with a curve cut in them to get get away from the square shape. They need to be 3 inches x 9 inches without the curve.

Thanks jb
2F cradle.jpg
2F in the cradle.jpg

Hi all,

Great idea Kiwidog, thanks for sharing with us! :)

Regards,

Alan

Nice work...

Just wanted to say works great. I made one this weekend and put some wheels from harbor freight. Now I can roll the engine around. Thanks

Just wanted to say works great. I made one this weekend and put some wheels from harbor freight. Now I can roll the engine around. Thanks

:steer:
:popcorn:

Plan on making one this weekend! Thanks for posting this. :cheers:

Can I have those measurements in METRIC, please! Sheesh!

:p:slap:

Lets see if this works:
45524351984_255d00a851_z.jpg

Do not put your daughter in it and give her a ride or you'll be making a second one to use for an engine. :lol:
Hahaha, no joke! I better keep it out of sight!

So far so good!
45338981745_64b85a8134_z.jpg

45528140584_ef8ddb2091_z.jpg

Edit: If I were to build it again I would use more sidewall bracing. I noticed a bit of movement but it will hold fine. The measurements were perfect though. Thanks @kiwidog

Last edited:
I would think it would be the same. Hopefully someone that knows will chime in.
This thread makes it seem like the new Toyota oil pan is compatible with the 2F and 3FE, so that makes me think the dimensions are the same. Oil pan Compatability

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom