285/75/16 tires on a lexus lx470???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
tried to search this and couldn't come up with the answer. stock suspension, will this size tire fit ok and not rub or cause problems with the height adjustment features?

Of course

Yes they'll fit. This is an often asked question.

You should probably check out the FAQs and spend a little time getting familiar with the search function.

285/75/16 on stock suspension and they ride great!

yYiM7EizB6IXuZ6UEw65j3D1E8tb8t5I6b51fySDt8VvRiMuYqAg8tat_duRUyk1R4iMtilSXLe2IX1rDbb5Ks4vLvSF3w8UzU3I4KoLxKUdIG67wCuwqLNodks74lCRUAjmFSPS07NSPY1Yv3dBwet2b9-y4zb7TZLb5Y2xNAuz3xzLaKNAGug6NNv4aN8aVN72vh67tCZUWTN49S_3RxNqtnxAWnRtKGDtGTmU3yVTWPzLp-GU-drSILE81LRHFzs5hxtiJpLgRhIoQ1t_ja9XZNO4sfwQIGSNBbueZ6ogbEnTMtAPTcDcKMIB6xPsoYkrV6llqlqowsCL-tyGgIfIpsT6eI3bJjS2923i66Mdt7qfv7Y0q5ALPyiberk6mk1YjdTKCPPYtshUHqO1yokkmWRS1rkvnVoqAYLcTRCEHdiu2zEsaYL2hxB7qcg338tPdvBuRXUzaqM8abw2jr8EyIB6kLfws328Ct5JhJt00ew4QwvXjTpWu2pHmC89GPj9fBR7DuA6G6nu-9Z_5B0Dq3Duou-LRHQIHVn4yUtxK_sO4h4GOIHbeCJZjA2ljK12wk9t7gZF4qJZD1nh9ymVjDQrubQnQC-tM9gYvIdI8DkhdzsaKw=w883-h662-no

Costco did not want to put these on my truck, but I told them they would fit.

Costco did not want to put these on my truck, but I told them they would fit.

Seems odd. 285/75/16 is just under 33". I have 275/70/18 KO2s which are just slightly larger than 33" and Discount Tire had no issue putting them on. I wouldn't think Costco would have an issue putting them on. They will fit with zero issues at all.

Costco around here will only install tires that are within 3% of original size... or what is on the tire info placard.

I'll find out very soon whether the forum is right.

The forum is 'right'. Probably no fewer than a hundred of us with 285's on our LX's.

It is about the largest tire that will fit back under the spare tire location, but has PLENTY of room in your wheel wells and won't rub when turning or flexing the suspension.

The forum is 'right'. Probably no fewer than a hundred of us with 285's on our LX's.

It is about the largest tire that will fit back under the spare tire location, but has PLENTY of room in your wheel wells and won't rub when turning or flexing the suspension.

Yes, of course the forum is right.

Costco around here will only install tires that are within 3% of original size... or what is on the tire info placard.

Yes, the guy mentioned that to me. He said these tires are 3.6% above original size but waived the rule.

Costco is notorious for not wanting to install bigger tires. Walmart had no problem installing my 285s..... probably bc the tech didnt even know they were bigger than factory hah

Will this not affect the speed on the speedometer when the tire size increase. I'm planning on my lx 470 2005. But I am still doing my search. (forgive me,I'm still new)

Yes, but its minimal. About 3 mph on mine. (you'll be going faster than indicated).

Oh ok.

I'm thinking of putting a bigger tires.(just for the look) But I don't want to have a speed tolerance on my speedometer. As in uae the speed radars are catchy and everywhere
Install a Yelloxbox and recalibrate for the difference if you want accurate speedometer display.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom