285/70/17 Tires Rubbing on Stock LC200 - OEM Spacer Lift Solution? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys: I installed a set of Rock Warrior wheels and used the recommended tire size from Toyota (285/70/17) on my 2018 LC, and am experiencing some rubbing at full lock in both forward and reverse. The tires I got (Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws) are 32.8 inches according to tirerack, and are a little bigger than the KO2 recommended by Toyota in the same size (32.7 inches). I'm considering the fender liner modification options discussed at length on this forum (heat gun vs. drilling new holes and moving the fender liner slightly), but would vastly prefer to leave them unmodified if possible.

I'm thinking of installing the OEM coil spacers, but don't want to just be in the same position again afterwards (i.e., still needing to modify the fender liners). Does anyone know if the OEM spacers will fix the issue I'm experiencing?

Pics attached for reference. Any thoughts appreciated!

LC4.jpg

LC3.jpg

LC2.jpg

LC1.jpg

Lifting an IFS technically doesn't give any more clearance for tires. Since you're changing the static ride height it would "help" a little bit, but you'll still rub under compression. Modifying the plastic is the only way unless you step down to a smaller/narrower tire.

Hi, I got them a little while ago..
Just remove that mustache.
Just remove those two screws from both sides and you're good to go.

You can push back those parts, and tie them back supertight. worked for me.

Hey guys: I installed a set of Rock Warrior wheels and used the recommended tire size from Toyota (285/70/17) on my 2018 LC, and am experiencing some rubbing at full lock in both forward and reverse. The tires I got (Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws) are 32.8 inches according to tirerack, and are a little bigger than the KO2 recommended by Toyota in the same size (32.7 inches). I'm considering the fender liner modification options discussed at length on this forum (heat gun vs. drilling new holes and moving the fender liner slightly), but would vastly prefer to leave them unmodified if possible.

I'm thinking of installing the OEM coil spacers, but don't want to just be in the same position again afterwards (i.e., still needing to modify the fender liners). Does anyone know if the OEM spacers will fix the issue I'm experiencing?

Pics attached for reference. Any thoughts appreciated!

I don't even see any rub there. Must just barely be kissing it. Are you hitting the little bolted on wing or are you hitting the corner of the liner, or are you actually rubbing behind the wheel? I assume you aren't running a wheel spacer under your Rock Warrior, if so, that's why you are rubbing. If not, and you are just barely kissing the inner fender liner you could probably look at getting an alignment to adjust a bit more caster to move the wheel forwards or back in the wheel some, depending on where you are hitting.

Thank you for the input and answers. A few more photos are attached. I'm not hitting the bolted on wing; more the front corner of the fender liner ever so slightly, and also ever so slightly behind the tire as well (not sure if that is a fender liner or the body mount?). No spacers on the Rock Warrior.

LC8.jpg

LC7.jpg

LC6.jpg

Lc5.jpg

I’m wondering if simply using a heat gun to push them back a bit would do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom