20th Annual Coal Mine Cruiser Classic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@sleak we'd love to have you join us on the Expo Run!

A few scenes from the state forest:

125-jpg.1969980

226-jpg.1969982

215-jpg.1969983
That's a funky set up :). I would love to join you I just dont see myself packing and unpacking a 8 person tent every day of the trip.

I'm waiting to see when my wife can schedule her carpal tunnel surgery; that will decide how my July looks.

The Expo run type of thing is the exact reason I got a Land Cruiser; I'm not a rock-crawling kind of guy.

Cool camper mount!
It's on like Donkey Kong! All registered.

@sleak Awesome! Happy to have you! Not sure if I will have my old trusty 99 or the new '16. Still need to finish up the "expo bits" of the new truck.

@apinti - the camper is my wife's style of camping! We ceremoniously throw our old Coleman ground tent into a dumpster on our way home from a trip to NH when she was 7 months pregnant. "Never again will I sleep on a cold wet tent floor" were her words. She really likes the pop up camper and it is super quick and easy to setup so has worked very well for our crew. That said, when we go camping the Land Cruiser does have to stay outside, so there are benefits of your setup :)

@sleak Awesome! Happy to have you! Not sure if I will have my old trusty 99 or the new '16. Still need to finish up the "expo bits" of the new truck.

@apinti - the camper is my wife's style of camping! We ceremoniously throw our old Coleman ground tent into a dumpster on our way home from a trip to NH when she was 7 months pregnant. "Never again will I sleep on a cold wet tent floor" were her words. She really likes the pop up camper and it is super quick and easy to setup so has worked very well for our crew. That said, when we go camping the Land Cruiser does have to stay outside, so there are benefits of your setup :)
Yeah, I know exactly how the "cold wet tent floor" speech goes. That's why I have a two room tent and a 12' tall queen size air mattress for my family set up. I know, I just lost about 80% of my "Trail Creds", I just hope my newly acquired RTT will go some distance in my defense.;)

That is one tall air mattress. Must be a bitch when you roll out drunk.

Comfortably numb I hope.

Contemplating if I can make this happen. If I do, it might just be a day and leave the next morning... I know you guys are going to enjoy wheeling hard and I don't want to hold yal up with "the van"

Contemplating if I can make this happen. If I do, it might just be a day and leave the next morning... I know you guys are going to enjoy wheeling hard and I don't want to hold yal up with "the van"
There's all manner of trails. Talk to @PRADO3 - he's been there...stock.

There's all manner of trails. Talk to @PRADO3 - he's been there...stock.

I know there is. But most of yal have built rigs, so I wouldn't be able to hang with yal.
Unless there's people going that we know that aren't built up, then that's a different story since we can have another group that I'd be able to wheel around with. But at the same time trying to see how far I can make it trying to keep up with yal is fun, just slows everyone else down

Every event has people who only want to go mild, either by necessity or desire. You'll find them easily (and I'm assuming there will be groups put together by the organizers...make sure to tell the person who inspects your truck what you want and they'll probably be happy to pass it on to others when they come through). Do that for a day or so and spend the rest of the time as a passenger on the harder stuff.

Every event has people who only want to go mild, either by necessity or desire. You'll find them easily (and I'm assuming there will be groups put together by the organizers...make sure to tell the person who inspects your truck what you want and they'll probably be happy to pass it on to others when they come through). Do that for a day or so and spend the rest of the time as a passenger on the harder stuff.

If I would be able to come the entire trip I would do that. However I think I may only be able to get a day if I do go, so want to push the limits some more and see how the 200 handles it. I'll know for sure next month where I stand on being able to make it or not

If I would be able to come the entire trip I would do that. However I think I may only be able to get a day if I do go, so want to push the limits some more and see how the 200 handles it. I'll know for sure next month where I stand on being able to make it or not
You should have come up for the Keystone green trail ride this past Saturday. Had a very diverse group wanting to get their feet (and tires) wet at Rausch. Two 100 series, a 200, some 4Runners and a pretty much stock FJ40. Check out the blurb on our club website.
And of course there will be green trail rides, blues, and whatever else you want during the coal mine event. Basically you get sorted out in the staging area according to what type of trails you think you want to run. Of course if you're with the Capital City guys you won't get to the staging area until all the other groups are gone.........…. then you'll have to wheel with them!!!!!!

I know there is. But most of yal have built rigs, so I wouldn't be able to hang with yal.
Unless there's people going that we know that aren't built up, then that's a different story since we can have another group that I'd be able to wheel around with. But at the same time trying to see how far I can make it trying to keep up with yal is fun, just slows everyone else down
Ill be up there. We can hit the greens and maybe attempt some blues in one of our rigs or park and ride after the greens.

Thanks @shmukster !
Good to know you're going @PRADO3 . How difficult are the green, aren't those basically forest roads?
The color breakdown doesn't make too much sense to me and I just tried searching Rauch creek site for info on that.

Thanks @shmukster !
Good to know you're going @PRADO3 . How difficult are the green, aren't those basically forest roads?
The color breakdown doesn't make too much sense to me and I just tried searching Rauch creek site for info on that.
There are some “trickier” sections on the green that you can try or try to go around at the possible cost of pinstripes (they will polish out).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom