2024 GX wait list (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Prices are still cheaper on the current gen GX because most people are still after the 4Runner. I do not see this next Gen GX to lose its value much like the outgoing generation. At least not for 5-7 years. I hope I am wrong.

Also I see more current "soccer mom" GX owners moving towards the more conservative styling of the TX. Expect the GX to pretty much sell and retain value like the current 5th Gen 4Runner in my opinion.

Prices are still cheaper on the current gen GX because most people are still after the 4Runner. I do not see this next Gen GX to lose its value much like the outgoing generation. At least not for 5-7 years. I hope I am wrong.

Also I see more current "soccer mom" GX owners moving towards the more conservative styling of the TX. Expect the GX to pretty much sell and retain value like the current 5th Gen 4Runner in my opinion.
We'll see...

Lexus is selling ~30k GX460s/year (US + Canada), and Toyota has sold 121-145k 4Runners/year over the last three years. Have a hard time seeing the GX, assuming it's even more expensive than the one it's replacing, selling in volume the way the T4R is.

Reactions: r2m
I am hearing rumors they won't sell the GX550 in the Middle East.

it would end up costing more than a mid spec/upper mid spec twin 6 300 with 409hp.
Maybe that's why?

Got a time machine I can use to bring you back to my week while I had the Tundra loaner for?

Otherwise it's pretty well known already across various places the comments about the lag and throttle mapping. Did you bother searching for it?
Interesting. I usually drive a LC200 but have spent a fair amount of time in the Tundra, LX600, and Sequoia. Never noticed any lag but I don’t jackrabbit race vehicles not meant for it.

Idk man every single g wagon I see has a soccer mom inside. And spoiler alert, all dimes lol

I'm really excited about this vehicle. It's exactly what I've been wanting so I've already told my dealer to put me down for one of the Overtrail versions. I don't mind the wait either I'll just keep driving my LX470 as it shows no signs of slowing down any time soon.

some of the test mules had lc300 bodies, pretty cool. Judging by the fact they didn't need to put any camo on the LC300 body means that when these tests were filmed the 300 had already made its debut. Doesn't mean much I guess but I just like these little details.

Screen Shot 2023-06-10 at 4.33.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-10 at 4.33.29 AM.png

Last edited:
I'm actually surprised they didn't go with an IRS instead of a live axle on the new GX.
Some of the full size domistic SUV's are doing independent rear axles. That would give much better on road performance and maybe a little better off road articulation?
I know straight axles are best for extreme articulation, but we don't build our rigs for that kind of wheeling.
I was 100% expecting IRS on this generation. I was right about the turbo 6, but happy to be wrong about that live axle hanging back there. Even the Defender has independent rear suspension, on top of the aforementioned airport shuttle GMs. Stick axles are an anachronism, but that's exactly why I love my truck. As far as I know, you can't get a solid front axle on anything but 2500+ trucks, which is a shame.

Now I'm missing my old 80.

I was 100% expecting IRS on this generation. I was right about the turbo 6, but happy to be wrong about that live axle hanging back there. Even the Defender has independent rear suspension, on top of the aforementioned airport shuttle GMs. Stick axles are an anachronism, but that's exactly why I love my truck. As far as I know, you can't get a solid front axle on anything but 2500+ trucks, which is a shame.

Now I'm missing my old 80.
Wrangler/Gladiator has SFA still...

As far as I know, you can't get a solid front axle on anything but 2500+ trucks, which is a shame.
Huh? Did you forget about Wranglers?

Seems with each GX update, features that were standard on lowest models now require you to get the top of the line model. Hopefully that means that base price won’t escalate too much.
Thanks - was curious what the “+” offered, not really seeing any must haves to bump up from Overtrail to +…of course when I buy used I’ll probably search one out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom