2024 GX wait list (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Same...to me, it looks like an updated 80 series from that angle. Love it so far.
Right?? Like this specifically:

1686253593485.png

Glad they ditched the corporate design language to make something cool and unique, but still with the Lexus and LC heritage.

Interesting to hear more about it mechanically and find out what the tow capacity is. Can't wait til these eventually make it on the used market :)

70… 80…. Either way the GX being influenced by the design of iconic Land Cruisers is a good thing in my book

I'm with you. Like the look whether it draws from the 60, 70, 80, or all of the above.

That said I'm more interested in specific parts, beyond the general 'shared platform' bit to see if it uses the same front differential, front control arms, steering rack, and rear axles as the LX600, international LC300, and or the Sequoia/Tundra. I'm hopeful that if the 550 does indeed use the 3.4 (546 nm = 550?), and if they really want to promote the GX for off road adventure, that they use a lot of the same hardware across those models.

Loving the overall aesthetic, minus the front end (it's ok).

Hanging out to understand engine/vehicle specs, pricing and if this bad boy is made in JP.

TTV6 could really make it a beast for towing. Overall our 470 tows great for such a short rig, but the 2UZ-FE with mods is really a bit short on 1500-2000 rpm torque to make for a truly effortless tow vehicle. Presuming the 3.4/3.5 will rectify that and really add to the versatility of the GX. Sure the Bronco has the TT engine too, but it maxes out at a whimpy 4,500#, which we come really close to hitting with our 470 all the time. The 6,500# rating on the GX really opens up a lot of smaller campers, boats, car trailers, etc that the chassis is more than comfortable handling when the hitch is set up right.

Not a fan of the grey one.
I rather it had square fenders like the LC300
Also no front locking diff like the flagship lc300.
2024-lexus-gx-rear-three-quarters.jpg

2024-lexus-gx-front-three-quarters.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom