2021 LC200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't you feel you're being a bit disingenuous saying that Toyota has pandered to the small group of Americans that gets distracted by the next flashy thing based on the fact that the US doesn't purchase the majority of the LC's sold?

Exactly. Toyota sells about 3000 Land Cruisers per year in the US. That's just a tiny fraction of their annual production.

At least they got it right for the ROW, so I'll import one I guess.

You realize that under the law you can't import that 2019 LC to North Carolina until the year 2044?

no you're not...I don't even listen to the radio when I drive. I like silence. If they deleted all of it and put in a large space for storage, I'd be happier. :)

This has tons of storage....

C7416CDB-B4FF-4ED9-9947-B8FE1497B096.jpeg

LOL. I am probably the only one on this board that does not care if my LC has Apple, Google or other network stuff. I can get everything I need/want via the Bluetooth interface.

#3 checking in. I don’t use turn-by-turn so the stock maps work great for location and upcoming roads, and the Bluetooth handles calls and plays music which is all I ask of it.

Not mad, just disappointed.

Time to find a different vehicle then.

A few noisy people here have been asking for a diesel 70-series for years but the reality is it wouldn’t sell well enough to make it worth their trouble. To make a vehicle as high quality as our 200s are, they have to be expensive, and the vast majority of American buyers with the money for that quality foundation aren’t going to spend that money if it doesn’t have the bells & whistles.

I’m certain some sales are lost to other models by not having car-play. But, they still sell a bunch of these to people that want a very high quality long lasting vehicle that isn’t super flashy. The people complaining about a lack of lockers and too many computers aren’t a blip on Toyota’s concern radar.

Exactly. Toyota sells about 3000 Land Cruisers per year in the US. That's just a tiny fraction of their annual production.

But all Toyota offers here is the top trim levels and the LX570, so it's obvious they have decided that the target market for the LC200 here in the states and Canada is the people who want the flashy next best thing or a cheesy looking Yakima basket. People who would complain that their phone doesn't pair well with the HVAC/radio/parking sensor/360* screen system. They don't care to sell more by offering multiple trim levels...for whatever reason. They, you, or I don't know, outside of focus groups (maybe) how well a modest LC200 would sell in North America. You see Tahoes offered from base vinyl interior all the way to Platinum/Denali, and they sell the crap out of them. I think the LC200 would do similar, if marketed properly. The name of the game is to sell cars and make money, right?

But all Toyota offers here is the top trim levels and the LX570, so it's obvious they have decided that the target market for the LC200 here in the states and Canada is the people who want the flashy next best thing or a cheesy looking Yakima basket. People who would complain that their phone doesn't pair well with the HVAC/radio/parking sensor/360* screen system. They don't care to sell more by offering multiple trim levels...for whatever reason. They, you, or I don't know, outside of focus groups (maybe) how well a modest LC200 would sell in North America. You see Tahoes offered from base vinyl interior all the way to Platinum/Denali, and they sell the crap out of them. I think the LC200 would do similar, if marketed properly. The name of the game is to sell cars and make money, right?
Jesus, dude, give it a rest. Go to the 60 Series forums and whine all you want about how the 200 sucks. You'll be welcome there.

You do realize that Toyota sells........4runners, GX460, Sequoia, LC, and LX570. And i am just listing BOF vehicles they sell. Where would a base model LC200 fit???

So, you think that you know something that the #1 car manufacturer don't? You think that Toyota does not know how to make money? WTF do you think fake wood on an $80k car come from?! :D

Toyota losts it's mojo?

Stock FJ62...has 9" of ground clearance. RTI of 471. No axle lockers whatsoever. Pretty bad departure angle.

So, a stock LC200 has more ground clearance, waaaayyyy better axle articulation, CRAWL, and better departure angle.

In conclusion, given equal driver, LC 200 will significantly outperform FJ62 in off-roading in pretty much every terrain that can fit LC200 size...and of course, it will run circles around it on-road.

It is funny that you complain about LC200's "shortcomings" when your FJ62 in stock form is even worst.

Last edited:
Not having CarPlay definitely sux. In my F250 I have wireless CarPlay and it is the bomb.

I own a fj40 and a 200. Stock to stock the 200 is hands down better at everything.

The fj40 has 10k of updates and it has its place (rocks) but the 200 is still better at everything else.

To make the fj40 good in the role required
Arb Locke’s front and rear
Bummers front and rear
A Australian 4 speed transmission
An 1974 three speed to four speed transfer case gear.
Auxiliary fuel take
Roll cage
2 inch lift
34 inch tires
Slider because the stock steps are damage multipliers. Even in 1969 they sucked.
That’s it just some small stuff.

Last edited:
no you're not...I don't even listen to the radio when I drive. I like silence. If they deleted all of it and put in a large space for storage, I'd be happier. :)
Hey thanks for this! We agree.

FYI. 2021 is still LC200. No changes at all to 2020, not even CarPlay. Production begins early August. Sorry folks, don’t shoot the messenger.
Hello Eric, I want to buy a new LC 2021 and wanna remove the cool box in the consul - any unofficial info on how to. And also I believe I stumbled across trim cap plug in the cargo area for when you remove the third row seats . But could not locate again.

Hello Eric, I want to buy a new LC 2021 and wanna remove the cool box in the consul - any unofficial info on how to. And also I believe I stumbled across trim cap plug in the cargo area for when you remove the third row seats . But could not locate again.
Just buy a Heritage edition. The coolbox uses a branch off the refigerant lines from the AC system and properly removing all of those parts would be incredibly labor intensive, possibly requiring engine/transmission removal.

Toyota puts complete carpet without holes into vehicles without the third row, not just a cap over the holes in the carpet. Plus, no center seatbelt in the headliner, no holes in the interior trim, no brackets on the wheel wells.

But.. I'm not an expert.

This was a very informative thread — but not what the title suggested. I was wondering if I could put the LC cooler box in my tundra and guess I can’t!

FYI I threw this exact question about the cool box to Eric and he gave the rough estimate of $5k or more. It’s not something that you can just pull out, you have to replace the center console as well. Long story short...we chose the Heritage and put that ‘remove the cool box money’ into bumpers.

This was a very informative thread — but not what the title suggested. I was wondering if I could put the LC cooler box in my tundra and guess I can’t!
How so? Why would you think you would find info on putting a cooler box into a Tundra on a thread titled 2021 LC200?

It could be done, but it would cost $5k minimum. Even if you found a guy willing to trade you center consoles, I bet it would be at least 1000 labor on the delete and 2000 on the add. There is a whole lot involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom